Curd rice with Barnyard Millet. Curd rice is always a tummy friendly dish, which soothes our stomach during summer and even after a heavy feast. This barnyard millet is known as Kuthiraivali in Tamil, Jhangora in Hindi and Oodalu in Kannada. It is high in fibre, good for diabetic patients, has low carbohydrate content which helps to.
But it is so healthy than that. Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you. This barnyard millet curd rice is as simple as it sounds.
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, curd rice with barnyard millet. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Curd rice is always a tummy friendly dish, which soothes our stomach during summer and even after a heavy feast. This barnyard millet is known as Kuthiraivali in Tamil, Jhangora in Hindi and Oodalu in Kannada. It is high in fibre, good for diabetic patients, has low carbohydrate content which helps to.
Curd rice with Barnyard Millet is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Curd rice with Barnyard Millet is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have curd rice with barnyard millet using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Curd rice with Barnyard Millet:
- Take 1/2 cup of Barnyard millet.
- Make ready 1 cup of Curd…
- Make ready 1/4 cup of Milk…
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Take 1 tsp of Oil/ ghee…
- Take 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds…
- Make ready half tsp of Red chilli dry.. 1 broken.
- Prepare as required of Cashew/ peanuts.. few.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of chopped cucumber.
- Make ready as required of Coriander leaves.. pomegranate pearls to garnish.
If you have some fresh yogurt and millet in stock, then comforting food is all yours. Did you notice, I mentioned the word "FRESH" because sour one isn't appropriate here. Apart from millet and yogurt, the toppings are just fancy. Pearl Millet – Sajja Onion Muttilu.
Instructions to make Curd rice with Barnyard Millet:
- Wash and soak barnyard millet for 10..12 minutes & drained.
- In a pan put 1 1/2 cup water..bring it to boil.. add rice and salt. Simmer and cook till tender.. when taking off the flame keep the consistency bit loose as these rice tends to get thick on room temperature..
- Mix curd and milk.. add to the cooled down rice.. mix chopped cucumber well and leave to chill in the refrigerator..
- For tempering… Heat a tsp of oil.. Add cashew/ peanuts- roast for a minute.. add cumin seeds.. red chilli.. coriander leaves. Add the tempering to chilled curd rice…
- Garnish with pomegranate pearls and coriander leaves before serving.
Proso Millet – Variga Barfi. #Barnyard #Millet #Curd #Rice BARNYARD MILLET is a nutrient dense millet has high fiber content, which can effectively help in weight loss. It is a rich source of calicum and phosphorous which helps in bone building and its daily consumption helps infighting bone diseases. These crackers are made with Barnyard Millet flour that is Samak in Hindi which is very fondly eaten during Navratri. I added roasted peanuts for some extra crunch to the crackers. Barnyard millet is an ideal food for those with diabetes, as it is a low glycemic index food.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food curd rice with barnyard millet recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!