Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Sig's German style stuffed cabbage rolls with creamy mash recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sig's German style stuffed cabbage rolls with creamy mash recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sig's German style stuffed cabbage rolls with creamy mash recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be sensible and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t often enough time or energy for us to really do the things we want to do. At the end of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that becoming healthy doesn’t have to be hard. With training you can get all of the nutrients and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some hints to be as healthy as possible.
Consider the stairs. Rather than riding an elevator, climb up the stairs to the floor you live or work on. While this will be difficult to do if you live on or if your job is on a super high level floor in a skyscraper, taking the stairs to a home or office on, say, the fifth floor is completely do-able. Even if your office or home is on one of the highest floors, you can choose to get off of the elevator early and take the stairs the remainder of the way. Most people will choose to be idle and take an elevator instead of getting exercise on the stairs. Even if you only have a single flight to climb, climbing up and down it during the day is a great way to get additional exercise.
There are a lot of things that factor into getting healthy. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or limited diets. Little things, when done each day, can do plenty to make it easier to get healthy and lose pounds. Make shrewd choices every day is a great start. Getting as much physical exercise as possible is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indicator of your health levels. You need to help to make your body as strong it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's german style stuffed cabbage rolls with creamy mash recipe. You can have sig's german style stuffed cabbage rolls with creamy mash using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Sig's German style stuffed cabbage rolls with creamy mash:
- Take 1 of medium to large Savoy or white cabbage.
- Prepare 1 of large pot of water.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt or salt substitute.
- Take 450 gr of minced mix of beef and pork.
- Provide 1 of good pinch of salt and fresh ground black pepper each.
- Get 1 of good sprinkling of thyme.
- You need 1 of good sprinkling of paprika powder (sweet if you have).
- Provide 1 of large egg.
- Take 1-2 tablespoons of dried breadcrumbs/panko.
- You need 150 gr of bacon bits (I prefer smoked gives better flavoured gravy).
- You need of Cabbage water.
- Provide of Gravy powder to thicken to your liking.
- You need 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare Pinch of grated nutmeg for leftover cabbage.
Steps to make Sig's German style stuffed cabbage rolls with creamy mash:
- First, with a sharp knife cut away outer leaves that are not to your liking. Then make incisions into stalk to cut out a cone from stalk. Put the cabbage into a large pot of water with the 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt. The cabbage should be almost covered with the water. Bring to boil, turn off and leave cabbage to stand for about 5 minutes in the water. Drain the cabbage very well. Set aside cabbage water. You need a little to simmer meatrolls and to make gravy later. (You can drink the rest.).
- In the meantime mix your meat mix (you can use leaner lamb, just not so lean beef or lean pork) with the thyme, egg, paprika, breadcrumbs or panko and salt and pepper and make 8 or 10 thin meat rolls. Don't knead to badly or the meat will become tough. Heat the bacon bits until crispy, remove from pan set aside, keep the pan with the fat, so you can cook the cabbage rolls in them..
- Carefully remove leaves from cabbage. Put a single roll of meat sideways over each stalk end (cut a little from stalk if it is to thick) then roll a little, tack the sides in and roll over. Do this with all meatrolls you have.You can secure the rolls with string. Put all the rolls into bacon pan with 1 tablespoon of butter. Very slightly brown, add a little cabbage water to simmer for 15 to 20 min until meat is cooked. Remove from pan, keep warm. In meantime make mashed potatoes to your liking..
- Shred up the leftover cabbage, heat through with the remaining butter, season with nutmeg. Serve aside the cabbage.To make the gravy use the juices in the pan, add some of the cabbage juice and thicken with gravy powder. Pour gravy over mash and garnish with the bacon bits..
If you find this Sig's German style stuffed cabbage rolls with creamy mash recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.