Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Stuffed Cabbage Rolls recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Stuffed Cabbage Rolls recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Stuffed Cabbage Rolls recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a naturally healthy and balanced diet and get a proper level of exercise. However, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle requires. At the conclusion of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. A delicious, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be happy to discover that achieving good health doesn’t have to be hard. With practice you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some basic ways to get healthful.
Select water over other products. Having a soda or a cup of coffee every once in a while isn’t a terrible idea. It is definitely, however, a bad idea to solely drink soda or coffee. Ingesting water instead of other types of drinks is a good way to aid your body in its health and hydration. You’re also cutting hundreds of calories from your diet— without having to resort to terrible tasting diet food. Water is usually one of the keys to really losing weight and becoming really healthy.
There are lots of things you can do to become healthy. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or restricted diets. You can do small things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent about the decisions you make each day is a start. A good amount of physical activity each day is also important. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about how much you weigh. It’s about making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to stuffed cabbage rolls recipe. To cook stuffed cabbage rolls you need 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Stuffed Cabbage Rolls:
- You need 2-3 tbs of olive oil.
- Take 1 of medium yellow onion finely chopped.
- Take 1 can (28 ounce) of crushed tomatoes, drained.
- Get 1 cup of leftover brown gravy.
- You need 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- Use 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar.
- Use Dash of salt and pepper.
- Get 2 of medium – large head green cabbage, including outer leaves.
- Provide 1 1/2 pounds of ground chuck.
- Take 1 of large egg, lightly beaten.
- You need 1/2 cup of finely chopped yellow onion.
- Provide 1/3 cup of plain dried breadcrumbs.
- Take 1/2 cup of “cooked” white rice.
- Use Dash of salt, pepper, and thyme.
Steps to make Stuffed Cabbage Rolls:
- To make sauce, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and add the onions. Cook over medium heat for 4 minutes until translucent. Add the tomatoes, brown gravy, brown sugar, vinegar, salt, and pepper..
- Bring to a slight boil, then lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally and set aside. Prepare the 1/2 cup of cooked rice and set aside as well..
- In a large pot, fill it 3" with water and bring to a light boil..
- Using a paring knife, cut around the core of the cabbage and gently remove the outer leaves, yielding about 5-6 leaves and set aside. Repeat with the other head of cabbage. [Store the remaining heads in refrigerator for other meals such as soup, corned beef, coleslaw, etc.].
- Immerse the stacked cupped leaves in the boiling water for a few minutes. Using tongs remove the flexible leaves and set aside to cool..
- To make the filling, combine the ground chuck, egg, onion, breadcrumbs, cooked rice, salt, pepper, and thyme in a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup of the sauce to the mixture and mix lightly with your hands. [Be creative with your spices].
- For the rolls, remove the hard triangular rib (1/2”) from the base of each cabbage leaf with a paring knife. Place about a 1/2 cup of filling in an oval shape near the rib edge of each leaf. Roll the leaf up toward the outer thin edge away from you, tucking the sides in as you roll..
- Place the cabbage roll seam side down in a medium – large casserole dish that has been lined with 1 cup of the sauce. Repeat this process until you have lined the dish with all of the rolls. Pour the sauce over the cabbage rolls and cover with foil..
- Bake for 45 minutes in a 325 degree oven. Take foil off and continue baking for another 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes..
If you find this Stuffed Cabbage Rolls recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.