Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Malfouf Mehcheh – stuffed cabbage rolls recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Malfouf Mehcheh – stuffed cabbage rolls recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a naturally healthy and balanced diet and get a proper amount of exercise. The worst part is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the end of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be a chore. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required exercise and healthy food. Here are some hints to be as healthy as possible.
Make smart choices when shopping for groceries. When you make informed and wise purchases at the grocery store, your meals will get healthier immediately. At the end of your day do you really want to deal with crowded grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You’re going to go home and use what you have in the cupboards. Your home should be filled with healthy foods and ingredients. This makes it simple to have a good meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is naturally better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are lots of things you can go after to become healthy. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or limited diets. You can do small things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart when you choose your food and routines is where it begins. Getting as much exercise as you possibly can is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only signal of your healthfulness. You need to help to make your body as strong it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to malfouf mehcheh – stuffed cabbage rolls recipe. To cook malfouf mehcheh – stuffed cabbage rolls you need 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Malfouf Mehcheh – stuffed cabbage rolls:
- Take 1 of big cabbage (~2kg).
- Prepare 350 g of minced beef.
- Provide 1 cup of rice.
- Use 4 of lemons freshly squeezed.
- You need 3 heads of garlic (yes heads not cloves!).
- You need 1 teaspoon of mixed spices (commonly called Lebanese 7 spices – but you can improvise).
- Get 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Use to taste of Salt.
Steps to make Malfouf Mehcheh – stuffed cabbage rolls:
- Boil the cabbage to soften the leaves and carefully separate the leaves from the core..
- On the side, mix the minced beef with the washed & rinsed rice, spices & salt.
- When the leaves are ready, meaning you can roll them gently without them breaking, take them out of the boiling pot. Add the mixture like in the photo and start rolling the cabbage slowly..
- Place the rolls side by side in a pot and in between place the peeled cloves of garlic. Keep going until all cabbage leaves and the meat are used or pot is full ;).
- Fry some garlic with olive oil and a squeeze of 🍋. When they get golden color add them to the pot.
- Add the lemon juice to the pot as well and add water until all rolls are covered up. Place a "heavy" plate on the pot, bring them to boil (high temperature).
- Turn the heat down and let them simmer slowly for ~45min or more if needed (cabbage should not be crunchy by then).
- Serve hot. I serve it with plain yogurt (or greek) and a squeeze of lemon..
- Sahtein! Hope you like it!.
If you find this Malfouf Mehcheh – stuffed cabbage rolls recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.