Foxtail Millet Pongal. Thinai Pongal , Healthy foxtail millet Pongal Recipe. Foxtail millet is one of the oldest millet to have been recorded since the sangam period. Welcome to Millets TV In this video, we show how to prepare Delicious Healthy Breakfast Recipe "Foxtail Millets Ghee Kara Pongal " using any of Foxtail.
This pongal can be prepared using any siridhanya or millets. Learn tasty and healthy siridhanya recipes. This foxtail millet Pongal is one such recipe that includes health and taste.
Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, foxtail millet pongal. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Thinai Pongal , Healthy foxtail millet Pongal Recipe. Foxtail millet is one of the oldest millet to have been recorded since the sangam period. Welcome to Millets TV In this video, we show how to prepare Delicious Healthy Breakfast Recipe "Foxtail Millets Ghee Kara Pongal " using any of Foxtail.
Foxtail Millet Pongal is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Foxtail Millet Pongal is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook foxtail millet pongal using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Foxtail Millet Pongal:
- Prepare 1 cup of foxtail millet.
- Get 1/2 cup of yellow moong daal/split mung beans.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Get 1 Tb of black pepper corns.
- Take 1/2 inch of ginger deskined.
- Make ready Handful of curry leaves.
- Get 4-5 Tb of ghee /clarified butter.
- Prepare 4-5 of cashews.
- Take 1 pinch of asafoetida powder.
- Take 1 Tb of cumin seeds.
- Prepare of Water as needed to soak and cook.
Soaked foxtail millet and yellow lentils are cooked and seasoned with cumin, whole peppercorns, ginger pieces, curry. Being gluten free and diabetic friendly the use of foxtail millet in this kara pongal recipe makes it a filling meal. Try out this simple one pot version. In kannada Foxtail millets pongal is known as Navane Pongal.
Instructions to make Foxtail Millet Pongal:
- Wash and soak thinai (millet) and moong dal for 10 mins, meanwhile grind ginger, cumin seeds and pepper corn to coarse powder, just run mixer for less than 10 secs to get coarse mixture..
- Heat 3 Tb ghee in a pressure cook add moong dal and saute for minute on medium flame, add the Millet next and saute for a minute too..
- Add whole peppercorns,salt, about 2 cups of water. mix well and pressure cook 4 whistles in medium flame..
- Once pongal gets cooked and while we wait for cooker to release pressure, in a small tadka pan heat 1 Tb ghee..
- Add asafoetida, curry leaves, ginger-cumin-pepper mixture we prepared and saute until they start to become brown.take off heat and add to the Pongal and mix well.
- Now sauté the cashews using 1 Tb ghee and until they get golden brown.
- Garnish the Pongal with cashews and serve hot with sambar and chutney of your choice.
This millets pongal is very easy to prepare , tastes delicious and super healthy. a great dish to include millets in our diet . Thinai pongal is a pongal made using Thinai (Foxtail Millet) instead of conventional rice. Millets comes with its own health benefits and hence its recommended to add millet as part of our regular diet. Foxtail millet is adapted to well-drained soils. Foxtail millet is an annual grass whose plants reach Foxtail millet was first naturalized in China.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food foxtail millet pongal recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!