Whole Wheat & Gram Flour (Besan) Bread.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, whole wheat & gram flour (besan) bread. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Whole Wheat & Gram Flour (Besan) Bread is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Whole Wheat & Gram Flour (Besan) Bread is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook whole wheat & gram flour (besan) bread using 12 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Whole Wheat & Gram Flour (Besan) Bread:
- Prepare 1.5 Cup of Whole Wheat Flour.
- Make ready 1 Cup of Gram Flour (Besan).
- Get 1/2 Cup of Vital Wheat Gluten Flour (optional but recommended, if not using, then replace with whole wheat flour).
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Milk Powder.
- Get 2 tsp of Instant Dry Yeast.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oil.
- Take 1/2-1 Cup of Milk.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of linseed (optional).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chia seed (optional).
- Make ready 2 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Get of Oil to brush the dough.
Steps to make Whole Wheat & Gram Flour (Besan) Bread:
- Mix all the flour and milk powder. Add salt as per your taste (I added about 1 tsp).
- Add oil and mix it in the flour with hands..
- Add linseed if you are using it..
- Soak chia seeds in 1/4 cup of water and leave it for 5 min. Once seeds are puffed up, add them (along with water) to the flour and mix lightly..
- For yeast activation take 1/2 cup warm water. Make sure the water is just warm and not hot (to test that, dip your finger in the water. If it is comfortable and does not feel burning, then it's optimum temperature). Mix sugar and yeast in the water and keep it for 5-10 min, till it begins to foam. If it does not, then your yeast is expired and won't work..
- Add yeast mixture to flour mixture and mix it..
- Warm the milk to room temperature..
- Start kneading the dough by adding milk in little quantity at a time and only as much as needed. You can knead by hand or use an electric mixer. It will take about 10 min of kneading..
- Keep dough in a container and apply a layer of oil and cover it with a tea/kitchen towel. Now keep the container at a slightly warm place for yeast to rise. As an alternative, you can heat water in a bowl in microwave for 2 min and then keep the container there..
- It should take about 45 – 60 min for dough to rise to double of it's size..
- Punch down the dough and knead for a few minutes by hands..
- Take a bread tin and brush it with oil.
- Roll the dough to flatten it to about 1/2 inch thickness..
- Fold it on both the sides with narrow edge on top and wide edge at the bottom with bottom edge being slightly narrow than the length of bread tin. Pinch down the edges of the fold..
- Start folding it from top and after every single roll pinch all the edges making sure to leave no air pocket (This is a very important step to get the bread shape correct.).
- Keep folding it till you reach the end. Pinch down all the edges and give it a nice cylindrical shape..
- Place it in the bread tin with the seamed side down and smooth side up, apply a layer of oil, cover the dough and leave it to rise for another 45-60 min at a slightly warm place. It should double up in its size..
- Pre heat the over to 180C (fan assisted), place the tin on middle rack. If you have a bread tin with lid, then keep the lid on for first 20 min and then take it off..
- After 30 min, take the tin out of the oven. After 5 min, take the bread out of the tin and let it cool down on a wire rack for about an hour..
- Once cooled down, slice it or use any other way you want..
- Enjoy the wholesome goodness :).
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food whole wheat & gram flour (besan) bread recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!