Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Rice cake(vattayappam) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Rice cake(vattayappam) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Rice cake(vattayappam) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a more healthy way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
These more wholesome food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can also be healthy for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It could be that you already think that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to rice cake(vattayappam) recipe. To make rice cake(vattayappam) you only need 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Rice cake(vattayappam):
- Provide 1 1/2 cups of Raw rice soaked.
- Get 1 cup of grated coconut.
- You need 1 handful of cooked rice.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Instant yeast.
- Take 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Take 4 tbsp of sugar.
- Get 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of cumin seeds.
- Provide as needed of water.
- Get for greasing of coconut oil.
- Prepare as required of Raisins,cashews roasted in ghee..
Steps to make Rice cake(vattayappam):
- Soak rice for about 3-4 hrs,put soaked rice, coconut,cooked rice,sugar,salt and yeast to the mixie..
- Add water, it should be just covering the ingredients not more the batter should be thick so do not add too much water..
- And grind it for 2 mins, see the batter is thick (like that of idli batter).
- Then add the 1/2 cup coconut and cardamon seeds,jeera and again grind for a minute,donot want to grind the coconut finely..
- Pour in a steel bowl and let it ferment for 2 hrs..
- Take a tin in which going to steam the cake,grease it with a few drops of coconut oil.Pour batter abOUt 3/4 full place it into a hot steamer always keep when steam starts to come and not before. Close steamer and simmer for 15 to 20 mins..
- After 15 mins u can add the nuts again close and cook.All cooked nicely, you can even insert a tooth pick.the sides do come off a bit.when they are cooked nicely..
- When little cold invert the tin to a plate and cut the cake and enjoy..
- If u want can put nuts in the batter but i like it plain..
It is a soft and fluffy 'steamed rice cake' often made for Tea. Recipe for Vattayappam – a steamed rice cake recipe from Kerala – naturally vegan and gluten free. I first tasted these fluffy rice cakes when my ex-boss got them in her lunch box. Vattayappam is a soft and spongy rice cake popular in Kerala and neighboring regions. Vattayappam or steamed rice cake is a typical Kerala sweet dish.
If you find this Rice cake(vattayappam) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.