Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo!. Want to know what to do with your Thanksgiving leftovers? Our viewers have the perfect solution! In honor of Thanksgiving, here's Sara's take on turkey gumbo.
Gumbo is a great way to use leftover turkey. If you're looking for a way to use that leftover Thanksgiving turkey, look no further! Use your leftover Thanksgiving turkey to make this simple Turkey Gumbo Recipe!
Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, leftover thanksgiving gumbo!. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo! is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo! is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Want to know what to do with your Thanksgiving leftovers? Our viewers have the perfect solution! In honor of Thanksgiving, here's Sara's take on turkey gumbo.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have leftover thanksgiving gumbo! using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo!:
- Get of Leftover Turkey.
- Get of Leftover Ham.
- Prepare of Leftover cornbread dressing.
- Take of Leftover Turkey gravy.
- Get 2 of mashed sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Make ready 3 of celery.
- Make ready 1 of jalapeno.
- Get 6 of large cloves garlic.
- Get 4 of knorr chicken bouillon cubes.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Take 2 tsp of onion powder.
- Take 1 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- Take to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Take 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare of For roux.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- Make ready 2 cups of vegetable or corn oil.
Wendy's Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey & Saugage Gumbo Recipe. My family takes a lot of pride in cooking Cajun food from scratch, so making a gumbo can be a day-long event. Most people feel pretty passionately about their holiday food and these feelings are often extended—and even amplified—when it comes to the leftovers. Hallmark's Wes Brown Explains How Gumbo Brings a Cajun Twist to his Thanksgiving.
Steps to make Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo!:
- Mince all vegetables, set aside. Remove fatty parts from ham and cut into 1 inch pieces. Heat butter in skillet and sear ham. Drain if ham releases a lot of fat and return to skillet. Add 2 cups of water and scrape sear from bottom of the pan. Reduce to lowest heat setting and allow to slowly simmer while you prepare the rest of the gumbo..
- Have a few quarts of water set to side of stove (you will need it when roux is done). In a Dutch oven use medium setting to heat oil. Test for readiness by dropping a pinch of flour into pot, if it sizzles, it's ready. Add flour one cup at a time and whisk until all is incorporated. Lower heat to medium low (I set mine on 3 or 4) and CONSTANTLY stir with metal or wooden spatula until roux is the color of chocolate. This takes 20 to 30 minutes. I pull up a bar stool, have a seat and stir :).
- When roux is ready add your vegetables and continue to stir for a few minutes more until roux is shiny and smooth. Add water that was set aside and stir..
- Add leftover gravy and stir.
- Add ham and water it's been simmering in..
- Add mashed sweet potatoes and stir..
- Fill pot with water until about 3/4 full. Add all of your seasonings and slowly bring to boil stirring occasionally. Lower heat and simmer 30 minutes..
- Add Turkey and cook another 10 minutes.
- Serve with leftover cornbread dressing.
These inventive, easy Thanksgiving leftover recipes will clear your fridge fast! This gumbo completely reinvents your turkey leftovers into this New Orleans crossover dish. Transform Thanksgiving leftovers into delicious soups, casseroles, and more. Make new dishes out of your leftover turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and cranberry sauce. What better way to eat leftovers than stuffed in a crescent roll!?
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food leftover thanksgiving gumbo! recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!