Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie.
Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, thanksgiving leftovers pot pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook thanksgiving leftovers pot pie using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie:
- Get 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of milk.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of leftover turkey gravy.
- Take 2 cup of leftover turkey – roughly chopped.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of frozen peas and carrots mix (or any leftover veggies you may have, cut to 1/4in. dice).
- Take 2 cup of to 4 cup leftover mashed potatoes.
- Get 1 cup of leftover stuffing/dressing.
Instructions to make Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie:
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a 9in round deep dish pie plate or a deep sided 8x8in square casserole dish. Press cold, leftover stuffing/dressing into the bottom and slightly up the sides to form a bottom "crust". Bake in oven for 5 min. Remove and set aside (leave oven on)..
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add butter when hot. When melted whisk in flour. Cook about 2 minutes to make a nice golden roux. Add milk, whisking to combine and keep from clumping. Stir in leftover gravy and veggies. Bring to a simmer for about 2 minutes to heat through. Turn off heat, add leftover turkey and stir gently to combine..
- Reheat mashed potatoes in a microwave safe bowl for 1-2 minutes in microwave, or until just heated through so they will be easier to work with..
- Gently pour filling into stuffing crust. Starting at the edges, dollop mashed potatoes in several little mounds all over the top. I actually have a tablespoon sized ice cream scoop that works perfectly for this, and makes the cutest little mounds of potato. You could even use a star tip on a piping bag. Get fancy with it!.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes begin to brown. Remove from oven. Let rest 5 – 10 minutes and enjoy a simple and easy day after Thanksgiving meal!.
- Optional: remove from oven at 20 minutes, top with 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and beginning to turn golden brown..
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food thanksgiving leftovers pot pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!