Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kerala Puttu (Steamed rice cake) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kerala Puttu (Steamed rice cake) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Raising Snacks.
We are all aware that eating healthy snacks can help us really feel better within our bodies. Increasing our consumption of well balanced meals while reducing the intake of unhealthy types plays a part in a more balanced feeling. A bit of pizza will not make you feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Selecting healthier food choices can be challenging when it is snack time. You can spend several hours at the supermarket searching for an ideal snack foods to make you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting treat.
Probably the most popular treats is low fat yogurt. Eating yogurt in place of a healthy larger lunch is not a good idea. Low fat yogurt would make a fantastic snack, however. It consists of a great deal of calcium, healthy proteins, and B vitamins. Yogurt is very easy for the human body to digest and, based on the type of culture used to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help normalize your digestive system. Yogurt combines wonderfully with nuts and seeds. This decreases your sugar intake without lowering the taste of your snack.
A large variety of quick health snacks is easily available. Deciding to live a healthy lifestyle can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala puttu (steamed rice cake) recipe. To make kerala puttu (steamed rice cake) you need 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Kerala Puttu (Steamed rice cake):
- Take 12 tbsp of rice flour.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of grated coconut.
- Get 3 tbsp of grated coconut for topping/layering.
Steps to make Kerala Puttu (Steamed rice cake):
- Combine rice flour, a pinch of salt, coconut very nicely..
- Add water gradually to the rice flour coconut mix approximately 1/4 cup of water. Mix it very well. It should not be doughy..
- In order to check the ratio of the flour mix to water, gently press a small portion of the mixture between your palm and should form a lump. When pressed further, the lump breaks and crumbled. This should be texture..
- Put on the flame. Take a pressure cooker. Add water enough to cook the puttu. Close the pressure cooker without the weight..
- While water is getting ready for boiling, we do the filling.6 Take a chiratta, add table spoon of coconut, fill puttu mixture and spread it evenly. Make sure you don't press it while filling the shell.
- While the steam comes through the whistle hole, put the chiratta in the hole and steam the puttu for 5-6 minutes in medium flame, till you can see the steam coming out of the puttu..
- Remove the shell carefully aad invert it on a serving plate. Serve it immediately with bananas and pappadum. Also you can have it with kadala curry (black chana), or green peas curry or chicken curry or fish curry..
If you find this Kerala Puttu (Steamed rice cake) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.