Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Potatoes and Poached Eggs in a Coconut Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potatoes and Poached Eggs in a Coconut Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Use Food to Elevate Your Mood.
A lot of us believe that comfort foods are not good for us and that we have to stay away from them. At times, if the comfort food is a high sugar food or some other junk food, this is true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be very nutritious and good for us to consume. There are several foods that, when you eat them, could boost your mood. If you feel a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Your mood could actually be helped by green tea. You knew green tea had to be mentioned, right? Green tea is rich in an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies have discovered that this amino acid actually induces brain waves. This helps sharpen your mental energy while at the same time calming your body. You probably already knew how easy it is to be healthy when you drink green tea. Now you know that it helps you to elevate your moods too!
Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you want to help your moods get better. Try these tips instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potatoes and poached eggs in a coconut curry recipe. To cook potatoes and poached eggs in a coconut curry you only need 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Potatoes and Poached Eggs in a Coconut Curry:
- Take 4 of Eggs ( I made a big curry) :.
- Prepare 1 of Onion large : chopped.
- Take 3 of Potatoes : medium diced into pieces.
- Take 1 can of Tomatoes : or 3 medium chopped.
- You need 2 cups of Squash : worth chopped.
- Take 3 of Chilli : slit lengthwise (HEAT!).
- You need of Ginger : small piece minced.
- Provide 3 cloves of Garlic : minced.
- Use 2 tbsps of Curry Powder : (or a combo of tumeric, and coriander).
- Provide 1 tbsp of Chilli Powder (or Paprika): (or a little more if you can handle it).
- Use 1 cup of Coconut milk -.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Use 1 tsp of Mustard seeds -.
- Get 1 tsp of Cumin seeds -.
- Provide of Oil.
Steps to make Potatoes and Poached Eggs in a Coconut Curry:
- Before we begin, make sure you use a WIDE and deep sauce pot. This gives the eggs room to poach well and the eggs won't disintegrate with the curry!.
- Heat some oil and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When they start spluttering all over the place, add the minced ginger and garlic, green chillies and onions and saute. Once the onions are soft, add the potatoes and squash and the curry powders. Add a little water and allow it cook for a few minutes.
- A few minutes later add the tomatoes, and a few cups of water and the cup of coconut milk. Add the required amount of salt and some curry powder if needed. Stir well and allow it to cook. When the potatoes and squash are cooked through, it will be time for the eggs to go in. Simmer on medium-low heat for 10-15mins and allow the potatoes and squash to cook through.
- Test a potato in the pot and if it feels cooked (soft and mushy), if it is, break the eggs one by one into the pot. Do it slow and make sure the eggs don't break. It might sound tricky but it was not that difficult!.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the pot with a lid. Cook for 5mins until the yolk is cooked. I cooked till I got a firm yolk, if you want a runny yolk it should take less than 5mins. Once done, allow the curry to rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with some rice, roti or bread.
Place potatoes in a pot of cold water with a good pinch of salt. Heat half the olive oil in a large fry pan and add onion, cook for a few minutes until soft. Add remaining olive oil, curry powder and cooked potatoes, stir and cook a few minutes. To make the croquettes, warm up the mashed potato in a saucepan or microwave then place the mash, curry powder, cumin and turmeric into a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the pounded seeds, curry leaves and all the other ground spices for the spice mix to the onions, along with the garlic and ginger.
If you find this Potatoes and Poached Eggs in a Coconut Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.