Tomato Basil Soup.
Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, tomato basil soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Tomato Basil Soup is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Tomato Basil Soup is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have tomato basil soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Tomato Basil Soup:
- Get 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp. of Olive oil.
- Get 3 of medium yellow onions, grated.
- Take 1/2 C. of flour.
- Get 4 (28 oz.) of Cans of crushed tomatoes.
- Make ready 1 1/4 C. of Chicken broth.
- Take 1/4 C. of Sugar.
- Make ready 1 Tbsp. of Kosher salt.
- Get 1 tsp. of Celery salt.
- Take 3/4 tsp. of Black pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 C. of Heavy cream.
- Get 2 Tbsp. of Honey.
- Take 1/4 C. of Fresh basil leaves, torn.
Steps to make Tomato Basil Soup:
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook gently until soft and translucent, about 15 minutes..
- Add flour and stir to combine until slightly pale gold, do not allow to brown..
- Stir in the tomatoes, chicken broth, sugar, salt, celery salt, and pepper. Rise heat to medium until it starts to boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes, scraping the bottom of the pot frequently..
- Stir in torn basil, heavy cream and honey. Remove from heat and puree with immersion blender or in batches in a standing blender until smooth. Top with drizzle of heavy cream and more fresh basil..
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food tomato basil soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!