Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Chakka appam/ steamed jackfruit rice cake recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chakka appam/ steamed jackfruit rice cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chakka appam/ steamed jackfruit rice cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that provide You Energy.
Wholesome eating encourages a feeling of health and wellbeing. We are likely to feel way less gross whenever we increase our intake of nutritious foods and decrease our consumption of processed foods. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a piece of pizza. This can be a problem, however, with regards to eating between meals. You can spend several hours at the food market searching for the perfect snack foods to make you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack.
Whole grain foods are an excellent choice for a fast balanced snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread coupled with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. Chips and crackers made from whole grains can be great for quick snacks to eat on the go. Deciding on whole grain foods is always better than eating the processed grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
A large variety of easy health snacks is easily accessible. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s easy to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chakka appam/ steamed jackfruit rice cake recipe. You can have chakka appam/ steamed jackfruit rice cake using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chakka appam/ steamed jackfruit rice cake:
- Use 1huge bowl of ripe jack fruit.
- You need 1 cup of Jaggery grated.
- Get 2 cup of roasted rice flour.
- Take 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 3/4 cup of fresh grated coconut.
- Get 5 of cardamom pods(seeded).
- Provide 1Pinch of salt.
Instructions to make Chakka appam/ steamed jackfruit rice cake:
- In a deep vessel take the rice flower, add to this pinch of salt, some cardamom powder and mix it well with water. Add water little by little and mix everything well to form a smooth dough. Keep it covered and allow it to rest..
- Deseed the jackfruit and roughly chop them..
- In blender coarse grind the jack fruit and set aside..
- In a small bowl add grated jaggery and coconut along with some cardamom powder and combine well. Then gently mix in the jackfruit pure, do not press hard.
- Cut banana leaf into small squares or rectangular shape and wash them gently..
- Mix the dough once again and place small round balls.
- Take a leaf and spread one dough in the center, and with your fingertips spread it to a circle as shown in the picture..
- Spoon in the jackfruit mixture on half side of the spread dough and fold the other half over it, to form a wrap. Place it in a steamer and cook on high steam for 12-15minutes.
- To taste if it is cooked lift open once of the banana leaves and check it also the colour of the leaf changes. Once it is cool enough to touch remove the wrapper and enjoy with hot tea..
I love it for its thin appearance and for the fact that it can be made in a jiffy without prior preparations. The jackfruit pulp is just m twist the normal one does not add jackfruit. Kumbilappam aka Chakka Kumbulappam, Chakka Appam, Vazhanayappam, Theraliyappam is an authentic snack food of Kerala. Its prepared by cooking jackfruit bulb with rice flour, grated coconut and jaggery. This mixture is then wrapped and steamed in fresh green Edanailla /Bay Leaves.
If you find this Chakka appam/ steamed jackfruit rice cake recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.