Turkey Pie (with a flakey buttery pie crust).
Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, turkey pie (with a flakey buttery pie crust). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Turkey Pie (with a flakey buttery pie crust) is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Turkey Pie (with a flakey buttery pie crust) is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook turkey pie (with a flakey buttery pie crust) using 19 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Turkey Pie (with a flakey buttery pie crust):
- Make ready of Filling.
- Prepare 5 cup of Turkey (dark meat), shredded.
- Make ready 3 medium of Red Potatos.
- Get 1 cup of Sweet peas.
- Get 1/2 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Garlic, minced.
- Take 1 of Salt / Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of oregano / thyme / basil.
- Take 1 of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 of chili powder.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of flour.
- Get 5 tbsp of Drippings or butter.
- Make ready 1/3 cup of chicken stock.
- Make ready 1 cup of cheese, any kind.
- Prepare of Pie Crust.
- Make ready 2 cup of flour.
- Get 11 tbsp of Butter or Shortening.
- Take 1 tsp of salt.
- Take 5 tbsp of cold water.
Steps to make Turkey Pie (with a flakey buttery pie crust):
- Prep your meat. My turkey was not pre made, so i seasoned it with salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, basil and slow cooked it in my corck pot on HIGH untill I was able to easily shred it. But this will work great with left over meats..
- If you cooked your meat for this recipe, SAVE THE DRIPPINGS..
- Prep your potatos. Cut into small cubes. Oil a heavy skillet over MED-HIGH heat, and toss in the potatos..
- While potatos are cooking chop onion, and mince garlic. Add to potatos. Stir..
- Add your seasonings. Let cook untill they are fragarent..
- Add drippings, stir to coat. If you have no drippings add 1 or 2 pats of butter. Add flour, stir to coat. Let cook for about 1 minute..
- Add stock, and let it thicken slightly. You may need to reduce heat to MED-LOW..
- Test a potato. You want them to have a little firmness. DO NOT OVER COOK. The potatos will become too soft and get lost in the over all filling..
- Add meat and peas. Stir to combine..
- Taste for seasoning. Add if necessary..
- Fill your pie. Top with cheese before you put top crust on..
- Bake 450 untill golden brow..
- Let sit for 5 min before serving. Enjoy :).
- PIE CRUST:.
- In a large bowl add flour, shortening or butter, and salt. Cut with fork untill flour looks crumbly..
- Add water, mix untill all combined..
- Flour your surface, and rolling pin..
- Divide dough in half and roll out 2 crusts..
- Flash bake the bottom crust before filling..
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food turkey pie (with a flakey buttery pie crust) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!