Egusi soup. Egusi soup is unarguably the most popular Nigerian soup. In my few years as a food blogger and Nigerian food lover, I have learned that different recipes exist across different Nigerian ethnic groups. Egusi Soup – Today I'm going to be showing you how to make Egusi soup since I made my last egg this would be a lot of you have been asking me to make.
Any combination of crab, shrimp and smoked fish can be used in place of. Egusi soup is an exotic hearty food that will satisfy your taste buds. It is a staple in most West African home and it is an uncomplicated one pot meal that is often accompanied with swallows like Eba.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, egusi soup. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Egusi soup is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. Egusi soup is something that I have loved my entire life.
Egusi soup is unarguably the most popular Nigerian soup. In my few years as a food blogger and Nigerian food lover, I have learned that different recipes exist across different Nigerian ethnic groups. Egusi Soup – Today I'm going to be showing you how to make Egusi soup since I made my last egg this would be a lot of you have been asking me to make.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook egusi soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Egusi soup:
- Prepare of Egusi 1 and half cup.
- Prepare of Usu.
- Get of Crayfish.
- Prepare of Pepper half cup.
- Take of Uwgu.
- Make ready of Onion.
- Make ready of Red oil.
- Get of Prawn.
- Make ready of Pomo.
- Make ready of Stock fish.
- Prepare of Smoked panla.
- Make ready of Turkey/chicken /beef.
- Get of Seasoning.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Egusi Soup is a finger-licking good Nigerian soup made with a white variety of pumpkin seeds. It is spicy, nutty with exotic African flavors! See the video below on how to make Egusi Soup. Egusi soup is a culinary soup prepared with egusi seeds as a primary ingredient.
Steps to make Egusi soup:
- Ground the crayfish, usu and egusi together. Rinse the smoke fish and dry prawn with warm salt water, boil the pomo, boil turkey and set aside.
- Heat the red oil, add grated pepper and onion, let it cook for a while, u can add small water this will help it cook well, add meat stock.
- Grate or blend onion, add to the egusi, mix it well and add to the pot.
- The egusi changes color when its ready, stir gently n allow fry a bit, add all protein, small water and seasoning of choice, trust me chicken flavor or knor chicken will be fine. Stir n cover.
- Rinse the uwgu, add to the pot and stir. Taste to check if salt is ok.
- Serve with semo, pound yam or any swallow of your choice.. Guess what it also go well with rice 😋.
Egusi seeds are the fat- and protein-rich seeds of certain cucurbitaceous (squash, melon, gourd) plants. Egusi soup is common and prevalent across Central Africa, and may be served atop rice. Egusi, or melon seeds, is a staple ingredient in many West African dishes and makes a great thickening base for soups and stews. See recipes for Pounded yam and egusi soup too. Nigerian Egusi soup na soup wey dey thickened wit ground melon seeds wit oda vegetables.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food egusi soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!