Ladybirds Aussie Vanilla Slice .. There's nothing more Aussie than a good old-fashioned Vanilla Slice – or 'Snot Blocks' as they've been called Down Under over the years. We've all eaten a million over our lifetimes. Whether it be at your local bakery growing up or even more fancy versions growing up, like the 'Mega Vanilla Slice' from.
Vanilla Custard Slice is definitely Love at first bite! Don't you think a Vanilla Slice is a true Aussie Icon? It may may not be in the same league as the Sydney Opera House or Uluru, but gee it runs a close.
Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, ladybirds aussie vanilla slice .. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Ladybirds Aussie Vanilla Slice . is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Ladybirds Aussie Vanilla Slice . is something that I have loved my whole life.
There's nothing more Aussie than a good old-fashioned Vanilla Slice – or 'Snot Blocks' as they've been called Down Under over the years. We've all eaten a million over our lifetimes. Whether it be at your local bakery growing up or even more fancy versions growing up, like the 'Mega Vanilla Slice' from.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook ladybirds aussie vanilla slice . using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Ladybirds Aussie Vanilla Slice .:
- Prepare 2 of sheets puff pastry.
- Take 1 cup of caster sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of cornflour.
- Get 1/2 cup of custard powder.
- Take 3 cup of milk.
- Make ready 1 cup of cream.
- Get 60 grams of butter.
- Take 2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Get 3 large of egg yolks.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of icing sugar.
- Get 1/4 cup of passionfruit pulp.
- Prepare 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Get 15 grams of extra butter – softened.
Dotted with tell-tale passionfruit seeds, this classic vanilla slice recipe is a true Aussie icon. Be prepared to lose your dignity at any attempt eat with a fork. Vanilla Slice Slice Baby is available now at Black Star Pastry. Stop, collaborate and listen – we've joined forces with Sydney's Black Star Pastry to reinvent an Aussie classic – the "snot-block" a.k.a vanilla slice.
Steps to make Ladybirds Aussie Vanilla Slice .:
- Preheat your oven to 240°C / 375°F ..
- Line the base and sides of a shallow 25cm square cake tin with aluminium foil – with some of the foil extending over two of the sides , this will help with the lifting the slice out of the tin later on . Then brush 2 oven trays (or use the same one twice) with oil ready to cook the pastry sheets on ..
- Place the pastry sheets , one per tray , onto the prepared oven trays and prick pastry all over with a fork , so to help the pastry from rising too much . Now bake in the preheated oven for about 8-10 minutes or until pastry is golden and crisp ..
- Once cooked remove from heat and place cooked pastry sheet , top side up , flat side down , into the prepared foil lined tin and set aside to cool whilst you make the filling ..
- TO MAKE THE FILLING : Combine the sugar , cornflour and the custard powder into a medium saucepan and gradually add the milk and the cream ; stirring constantly until smooth ..
- Stir mixture continuously over medium heat on stove top for a few minutes or until the mixture starts to boil and thicken ; now add the 60g of butter and use vanilla essence and stir until smooth ..
- Now remove from the heat and whisk in the egg Yolks until well combined , thick and smooth ..
- Now spread the prepared custard mix into and all over the cooked , cooled pastry in the foil lined tin , spreading it evenly ..
- Next place the remaining cooked , cooled pastry sheet , top side up and rough side inways , onto the custard on the bottom pastry sheet , and push down gently to seal them together . Leave to cool and set whilst you prepare the icing mixture ..
- To MAKE THE ICING MIXTURE : Combine the icing sugar the passionfruit pulp the lemon juice and the extra 15g of butter into a heatproof bowl and stand the bowl over a pot of simmering water , but do not let the water touch the bowl , and stir them all until over the heat until the icing is smooth and glossy , once ready remove from the heat ..
- Either Carefully , using the foil hangover bits to help , lift the prepared slice from out of the cake tin , and spread the prepared icing mixture all over the top of the slice evenly . Now leave it to allow it to cool and set in the fridge OR leave it in the cake tin to ice it and let it set before cutting or removing it from the cake tin ..
- Once cooled and set , cut the slice into even square pieces using a long sharp serrated knife . Careful it can get messy at times lol.
- Keep refrigerated , serve cold , enjoy . 🙂 ..
Some think passion fruit, vanilla slices are only a Sydney thing, but little do they know that some of the best places to buy these glory boxes are in Victoria so find out where. This is about a passion for passion fruit vanilla slices but it all started with a recent article in The Age (which you can read here). Vanilla Slice recipe: Old fashioned Aussie favourite. A Custard style slice with creamy passionfruit icing. Add egg yolks and vanilla bean paste.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food ladybirds aussie vanilla slice . recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!