Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Old Fashioned Chicken Pot Pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Old Fashioned Chicken Pot Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Old Fashioned Chicken Pot Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Can save you Money.
Remember when the only people who cared about the environment were tree huggers along with hippies? Those days are over, and it seems we all comprehend our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living more green we won’t be able to correct the problems of the environment. These types of adjustments need to start happening, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The kitchen area is a good place to begin saving energy by going much more green.
A massive amount of electricity is definitely consumed by freezers as well as refrigerators, and it’s even worse if they are working inefficiently. When you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old ones which might be more than ten years old. The appropriate temperature for food is 37F inside the fridge and 0F in the freezer, and sticking to these will use much less electricity. Another way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, due to the fact that the motor won’t have to operate as often.
From the above it ought to be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is pretty straightforward to live green, all things considered. Typically, all it will take is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to old fashioned chicken pot pie recipe. You can cook old fashioned chicken pot pie using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Old Fashioned Chicken Pot Pie:
- Take of butter.
- Get of small onion.
- You need of fresh mushrooms.
- Use of paprika.
- You need of dried thyme.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- Use of frozen mixed vegetables.
- Use of chicken broth.
- Use of cooked boneless skinless chicken breast.
- Use of flour.
- Use of fat free evaporated milk.
- You need of fat free crescent roll.
Steps to make Old Fashioned Chicken Pot Pie:
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat a 10-inch round shallow baking dish with cooking spray..
- Coat a large pot with cooking spray. Add butter and melt over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms and cook, until tender, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Stir in paprika, thyme, salt and pepper. Add vegetables, broth and chicken. Cover and simmer 15 minutes..
- In a small cup, combine flour and 1/4 cup of evaporated milk; stir into chicken mixture. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup of evaporated milk and cook until mixture is slightly thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes more..
- Spoon chicken mixture into prepared baking dish. Unroll crescent rolls and arrange dough around inside edge of baking dish to form a border (there will be a hole in the middle). Bake until rolls are golden brown and filling is bubbly, about 15 minutes. Cut into 6 pieces and serve..
If you find this Old Fashioned Chicken Pot Pie recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.