Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Achaari Gongura Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Achaari Gongura Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. However, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle requires. When our work day is finished, most people do not prefer to go to the gym. A juicy, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You should be glad to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. With training you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the exercise that you need. Here are some of the best techniques to be healthy.
Go up the stairs. Rather than using an elevator, climb up the stairs to the floor you live or work on. While this will be difficult to do if you live on or if your job is on a extremely high level floor in a skyscraper, taking the stairs to a home or office on, say, the fifth floor is completely do-able. If you do work on a super high floor, why not get off the elevator a few floors earlier and walk the rest of the way? Lots of people opt for the easy elevator ride instead of making an efforts on the stairs. Even just a single flight of stairs, when travelled up or down a few times a day–can be a great improvement to your system.
There are many things you can pursue to become healthy. Intensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the answer. Little things, when done every single day, can do a great deal to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Being smart about the decisions you make each day is a start. A suitable amount of physical activity each day is also important. Don’t overlook that health isn’t only about how much you weigh. You really want your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to achaari gongura rice recipe. You can cook achaari gongura rice using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Achaari Gongura Rice:
- Take 2 cups of cooked rice.
- Get of FOR TEMPERING:.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil (coconut or any other cooking oil).
- Take 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Use 1/2 tsp of jeera/cumin seeds.
- Take 1/2 tsp of urad dal/split black gram dal.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of chana dal/split chickpea dal.
- Get 2-3 of dry red chilies, broken into 2 pieces (or use green chilies/jalapenos).
- Get of Few curry leaves (about 8 to 10).
- Take 1/4 cup of to 1/3 cup grated coconut (fresh or frozen).
- Provide 1/3-1/4 cup of peanuts or cashew nuts (optional but adds a wonderful crunch to the dish!).
- Use 1/4 tsp of haldi/turmeric powder.
- You need 2-3 tablespoons of Gongura/Sorrel leaves pickle; I have used Mother’s pickles.
- Get 1/4 tsp of hing/asafetida powder.
Steps to make Achaari Gongura Rice:
- TO MAKE ACHAARI GONGURA RICE: Heat oil and once hot, add mustard seeds. As soon as the seeds start to splutter and crackle, add jeera, urad dal, chana dal, dry red chilies, curry leaves and saute for a few seconds..
- Stir in dry grated coconut. Fry or saute on medium low heat, stirring often until the coconut is slightly roasted..
- Stir in peanuts (or cashews if using) and mix well. If the nuts are not roasted, fry for a while other wise proceed with the other ingredients.
- Add haldi powder and 2 to 3 tablespoons of Gongura pickle; mix well (you can add more if needed, so start with 2 tablespoons first)..
- Sprinkle cooked rice over the mixture and mix to combine thoroughly. Do a taste test and add more pickles or salt if needed. Heat through, stirring often on medium heat. Sprinkle hing powder (optional), mix well and remove from heat..
- Serve hot, spicy and jhatpat Achaari Gongura Rice hot or at room temperature. It is best enjoyed with some raita or plain curd on the side. A few crisp papads/potato chips or a fresh and crunchy salad on the side and your soul comforting Indian meal is ready to dig into!.
- Notes Adjust the amount of spices according to personal taste. Use as much or as little as the pickle depending upon the taste of the brand of pickle. The same recipe can be made using any other pickle but make sure it does not have big chunks and is mostly in a paste form!.
- Enjoy and Happy Cooking!.
If you find this Achaari Gongura Rice recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.