Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Old fashioned potato pinwheel candy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Old fashioned potato pinwheel candy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green And also Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only men and women who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers along with hippies? That has totally changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we are unable to transform things for the better without everyone’s active involvement. This must happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. The kitchen area is a good place to begin saving energy by going a lot more green.
Probably the food just isn’t quite as good when cooked in the microwave, however it will save you money to use it over your oven. The energy used by cooking in an oven is greater by 75%, and perhaps this small amount of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. When it pertains to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save a great deal of electricity and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You might believe that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, but that is certainly not true. A dishwasher is particularly efficient when it’s full before a cycle is started. Save even more money by air drying or cool drying your dishes instead of heat drying them.
The kitchen by itself offers you many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. Green living is not really that difficult. A lot of it really is simply utilizing common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to old fashioned potato pinwheel candy recipe. You can have old fashioned potato pinwheel candy using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Old fashioned potato pinwheel candy:
- Use 1 medium of size potato, should be 3/4 cup..
- Get 4 1/2 cup of powder sugar.
- Prepare 1 jar (16 oz) of crunchy peanut butter.
- Take 1 tsp of almond extract.
Instructions to make Old fashioned potato pinwheel candy:
- Microwave the potatoes till tender that you can stick a fork through it.let cool for 13 minutes.peel and mash.you want the potato on the lukewarm side to mix sugar in..
- Using a mixer, add sugar one cup a time, it will turn to liquid keep adding sugar till firm dough. Now on wax paper, sprinkle powder sugar on paper..half the dough, put one half on paper, spread on with rolling pin in to a square .i used a cookie sheet to help shap the dough.. NOTE YOU MAY NEED TO ADD SUGAR OR Minus some sugar. Depends on how warm that POTATO is..
- Now spread peanut butter even on top of dough, thick layer. Cut in half long way..
- Leave both pieces on paper, on one side roll dough in to pin wheels ..
- Repeat next half of dough. and do this again with remaining dough. When done place in refrigerator for 4 hours. After the 4 hours or over night. Cut into slices, about 1/2 inch thick. should make around 3 1/2 dozen or more..
- Ready to eat, this can be sweet. but oh so good. enjoy old fashioned candy.
- Make sure the potatoe is 3/4 cup.
Not in a million years or with a million guesses. It's also called pinwheel candy I think. Candy-lovers and sweet tooths alike will never guess the secret ingredient in these old-fashioned Maine potato candies. Potatoes were originally introduced to the Americas by European settlers, who likely brought some version of a recipe for sweetened potato treats with them. Belly Full posted a video to playlist Most Popular!
If you find this Old fashioned potato pinwheel candy recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.