Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Creamy Turnip Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Creamy Turnip Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy Turnip Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Guidelines For Living Green And Lowering costs Within the Kitchen.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the ecosystem. That has completely changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living much more eco-friendly we won’t be able to correct the problems of the environment. These adjustments need to start happening, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The kitchen is a good place to begin saving energy by going a lot more green.
Begin with changing the lights. Of course you shouldn’t confine this to only the kitchen area. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are usually energy-savers, and you will need to use them in place of incandescent lights. Although costing a little more initially, these types of bulbs last as long as ten of the conventional type as well as using a lot less energy. Changing the light bulbs would keep a lot of bulbs out of the landfills, and that is good. Coupled with different light bulbs, you need to learn to leave the lights off when they are not needed. The kitchen lights specifically will often be left on the whole day, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. Of course this also happens in other rooms, not simply the kitchen. Make a practice of having the lights on only when they are needed, and you’ll be amazed at the amount of electricity you save.
The kitchen on its own gives you many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. Efficient living is actually something we can all accomplish, without difficulty. A lot of it truly is simply using common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy turnip soup recipe. You can cook creamy turnip soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Creamy Turnip Soup:
- Use of turnips medium sized.
- Take of thinly sliced turnip greens or spinach (if you don't have turnip greens).
- Provide of medium onion.
- Take of Green onion(optional).
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of white pepper powder.
- Prepare of Vegetable stock or chicken stock or water.
- Prepare of shredded carrot or pomegranate kernels.
- Use of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Provide of butter.
- Take of white-wine vinegar.
Steps to make Creamy Turnip Soup:
- Take 1 tablespoon oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat..
- Add onion and cook until they turn pinkish. Add Peeled and sliced turnips. Add salt and 1/4 teaspoon white pepper; stir to combine..
- Cover and cook, stirring once or twice, for 10 minutes. Add vegetable broth or water or chicken broth. Bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook until the turnips are tender for 10 to 15 minutes more..
- When turnips are soft enough add a few leaves of turnip green or spinach leaves..
- Puree the soup in the pan using a blender to get a smooth texture. Boil the soup again and add white vinegar for little sourness..
- Serve the soup topped with grated carrots. I did with pomegranate to give little sweet crunch in mouth..
Vegan, gluten-free, and oh so good. Creamy Turnip Collagen Soup. by Felicia Lim. Even if you try and add a sensual adjective like creamy turnip soup, turnip soup just recalls bygone days of Charles Dickens and hungry orphans with holes in their shoes. From Jackie Garvin's kitchen, author/publisher of the popular Southern food blog, Syrup and Biscuits. Turnips , potatoes, sweet onions, garlic.
If you find this Creamy Turnip Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.