Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Smoked BBQ Beans recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Smoked BBQ Beans recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Smoked BBQ Beans recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Making the decision to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are dealing with health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a healthier lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most people typically believe that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by implementing a few modest changes.
These sorts of changes can be done with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It can also be beneficial for your skin as it is a superb source of vitamin E. Even though you may already eat a great deal of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of eating foods that still have most of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
To sum up, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to smoked bbq beans recipe. You can have smoked bbq beans using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Smoked BBQ Beans:
- Provide 7 slices of thick cut peppered bacon (cut in 1/2).
- Get 1/2 of large yellow onion, diced.
- Take 3-4 of large jalapeños, diced.
- Get 81 oz of (1 lg can and 1 med can) Pork & Beans.
- Use 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (I use Famous Dave’s).
- Take 2/3 cup of dark brown sugar.
- Take 1/3 cup of Apple cider vinegar.
- Get 3 tbs of Dijon mustard.
- Get 3 tbs of dark molasses.
Instructions to make Smoked BBQ Beans:
- First and foremost, prepare your smoker and bring to a solid 250°. Add several soaked chunks of your favorite hardwood, I find apple to be the best all-around smoking..
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon pieces for 2 to 3 minutes per side, long enough to render fat, but not long enough to crisp thoroughly. Remove the bacon to a plate with a paper towel..
- In the leftover bacon grease, add the onions and jalapeños and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently until they have softened and the onions are slightly translucent..
- After onions and jalapeños are ready, add the cans of pork and beans (liquid and all) into the skillet. Add in the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, cider vinegar, mustard, and molasses. Stir to combine. Place the slices of bacon on top of the beans..
- Place skillet on smoker grate and cook uncovered for about 3 hours. Beans should be pretty thick by about that time. Remove from the smoker and serve well hot..
Add bacon, bell peppers and onions. Barbecue beans have been a staple at The Meatwave pretty much since its inception. Since then, I've relied on two recipes to serve me well throughout the years—Alton Brown's Once and Future Bean and Mike Mills' Tangy Pit Beans. The recipes are radically different, one begins with dried beans and requires almost a day from start to finish, while the other utilizes canned beans and can be. Place reserved fat back into the pan, add onion and pepper.
If you find this Smoked BBQ Beans recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.