Mor Kuzhambu – South Indian Butter Milk Sambar. Mor Kuzhambu or buttermilk kulambu is a curd based gravy from South India. It goes very well as an accompaniment with rice. Instant Mor Kuzhambu also known as "Vedika Vitta Mor kulambu" is a very simple and tasty dish prepared with curd and spices.
Buttermilk Kuzhambu or mor Kuzhambu is commonly prepared in South India. It is made with slightly sour yogurt and coconut. It is easy to prepare and very. while the recipe of mor kuzhambu recipe is extremely simple, but some tips and variations. firstly, to prepare this curry i would heavily recommend to use slightly sour buttermilk for tangy and spicy buttermilk kuzhambu recipe. if you do not have a sour curd you can.
Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, mor kuzhambu – south indian butter milk sambar. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mor Kuzhambu or buttermilk kulambu is a curd based gravy from South India. It goes very well as an accompaniment with rice. Instant Mor Kuzhambu also known as "Vedika Vitta Mor kulambu" is a very simple and tasty dish prepared with curd and spices.
Mor Kuzhambu – South Indian Butter Milk Sambar is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Mor Kuzhambu – South Indian Butter Milk Sambar is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have mor kuzhambu – south indian butter milk sambar using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mor Kuzhambu – South Indian Butter Milk Sambar:
- Take 2 tbsp of Thuvar Dal.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of Dhaniya.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of Raw rice.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Fenugreek seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Jeera.
- Prepare 3 of Green chilli.
- Prepare 2 of Red chilli.
- Take 1 tsp of Mustard.
- Get 4 tbsp of Coconut grated.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare of Curry leaves – as required.
- Get 200 ml of Beaten Curd.
- Get of Gingelly /Coconut oil – as required.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Mor kuzhambu / mor kulambu recipe with Buttermilk (Mor), toor dal, coconut, ginger and green chilli as main ingredients. I already have a mor kuzhambu recipe which does not need any soaking part. It will help you when you want to decide and make instantly. Basic south Indian mor kuzhambu recipe, with coconut, ginger, green chili, cumin seeds, rice to thicken.
Instructions to make Mor Kuzhambu – South Indian Butter Milk Sambar:
- Soak thoor dhal, dhaniya and rice in water for half-an-hour..
- In a pan, roast the fenugreek seeds, green & red chilly with a teaspoon of gingely oil, in medium flame for 2 minutes..
- Add coconut, the roasted fenugreek seeds, chillies, jeera and all the soaked ingredients in a mixer jar and grind well into a smooth paste by adding water..
- Add this ground mixture to a heavy bottomed pan and add sufficient water. Simmer it till the raw smell goes away and the content turns into a thick idli batter consistency..
- Beat curd in the mixer and add this to the pan with required salt. Let it simmer on low flame for just two minutes and turn off the stove..
- This need not be brought to a boil..
- In a pan, heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Add mustard & curry leaves. Allow mustard to crackle and add this to mor kuzhambu..
- The various vegetables that can be added to this mixture are Bhindi, White Pumpkin, Sundaikai Vatral and Raw banana stem..
I love mor kuzhambu very much, it is perfect for a lazy day to make as it can be done in a jiffy, yet delicious! Usually poosanikkai (ash gourd) , chow chow or vadai can be added to mor. Kuzhambu Varieties, Kootu, Sambar, Kurma, Dal & Masiyal varieties. Seppankizhangu mor kuzhambu / Arbi[colocasia] buttermilk curry. I make two versions of more kuzhambu.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food mor kuzhambu – south indian butter milk sambar recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!