Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, though, to make several simple changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping as it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. Eating a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. If this is not to your liking on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
All in all, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cornbread with ham, onions and tomatoes recipe. To cook cornbread with ham, onions and tomatoes you only need 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes:
- Use 1/2 pound of smoked ham.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lard.
- Get 15 ounces of canned diced tomatoes with their juices.
- Take 1-1/2 tablespoons of chives.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of green onion.
- Provide 1-1/2 cups of buttermilk cornbread mix.
- You need 1/2 cup of self rising flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of double acting baking powder.
- Provide 1 cup of water.
- Provide 1/3 cup of finely chopped bell pepper.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Take 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Use 1 tablespoon of sugar.
Instructions to make Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes:
- Get the ham that has the least amount of white streaks in it. Remove the white tough membrane. Chop the onions, chives, and bell pepper. Mince the ham..
- Mix the lard, flour, cornbread mix, egg, sugar, baking powder, pepper, onion mixture, ham, and salt. Add the tomato and its juices. Then finally stir in the water..
- Heat the lard it will smoke, it will burn, if you're not careful. Spoon in a clump and fry. Turn often or it will char. Pile them on a paper towel till all are done. I hope you enjoy!!.
Chop the onions, chives, and bell pepper. Mix the lard, flour, cornbread mix, egg, sugar, baking powder, pepper, onion mixture, ham, and. A hot skillet full of cornbread is my idea of comfort food. My Grandma made the most glorious buttermilk cornbread. Place Margaret Holmes Seasoned Greens into a rectangular Pyrex dish (or use a seasoned cast iron black skillet).
If you find this Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.