Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Oxtail Ragu recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Oxtail Ragu recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Oxtail Ragu recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Choosing to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, however, just making a couple of small changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. Even though you may already consume a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemicals. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
As you can see, it’s easy to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to oxtail ragu recipe. To cook oxtail ragu you only need 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Oxtail Ragu:
- Use 6 of large oxtail (also works well with short ribs).
- Get 2 lbs of pork rib tips (use any pork, I like bone in for flavor).
- Take 4 cups of water or stock.
- Use 1 of carrot diced.
- Provide 1 of medium yellow onion diced.
- Take 4 stalks of celery diced.
- You need 3 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- Get 1 cup of white wine (dry white works great).
- Get 1 tbsp of crushed red pepper.
- Take 1 of small can tomato paste.
- Use 4 oz of fresh basil (or 1 oz dry).
- Use 2 tbsp of sugar (optional).
Steps to make Oxtail Ragu:
- In your instapot/pressure cooker add your pork, oxtail and water. Pressure cook for 45 mins.
- After your oxtail and pork is cooked remove the bones, save the liquid..
- In a pot on medium heat, add a little oil or butter whichever you prefer and start sauteing your carrots, celery and onions until softened..
- Add your garlic and cook for another 2 mins..
- Add your white wine and reduce until almost evaporated..
- Add your tomato paste and cook for 2 mins (this is called blooming).
- Add your reserved liquid from the pressure cooker and simmer for 45 mins until thickened..
- Add your meat, basil, sugar and salt and pepper and cook for another 10 mins..
- Serve over pasta of your choice!.
It's full of flavour and becomes melt-in-the-mouth tender. Place the oxtail in a large mixing bowl, add salt and mix well. Pre-heat a skillet and add grapeseed oil. Start searing the oxtail in the grapeseed oil (give it a nice searing all the way around). Oxtail stew in the style of the slaughterman (the vaccinari).
If you find this Oxtail Ragu recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.