Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Greek-Style Moussaka with Yogurt recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Greek-Style Moussaka with Yogurt recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re always being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all probability, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by making a few simple changes.
These sorts of changes are possible with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also terrific for your skin. It might be that you already think that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
All in all, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to greek-style moussaka with yogurt recipe. To cook greek-style moussaka with yogurt you need 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Greek-Style Moussaka with Yogurt:
- Prepare of Eggplant.
- Prepare of Potatoes.
- Prepare of (Meat sauce).
- Provide of Garlic (minced).
- Prepare of Onions (minced).
- Take of Ground beef.
- Prepare of ☆Canned tomatoes.
- Take of ☆Parsley (minced).
- You need of ☆Oregano (dried).
- Provide of shakes ☆Cinnamon powder.
- Provide of ☆Salt.
- Prepare of ☆Black pepper.
- You need of ☆Japanese Worcestershire sauce.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Get of (Yogurt sauce).
- Get of x 2 Plain yogurt (I used Activia brand).
- You need of Egg.
- Take of Parmesan cheese.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Steps to make Greek-Style Moussaka with Yogurt:
- Cut the eggplant including the skin into round slices about 1 cm thick. Preheat the oven to 190℃..
- Peel the potatoes, and cut into 5 mm thick round slices. Transfer into a heatproof dish, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave for 3 minutes..
- Making the meat sauce: Heat up a deep frying pan over medium heat, and add the olive oil. Sauté the garlic and onion until they become translucent..
- Add the ground beef, and fry over medium-high heat while stirring with a wooden spatula for about 4-5 minutes..
- Add in the ☆ ingredients, and mash the tomatoes with the wooden spatula. Add in the Step 1 potatoes, and simmer over medium heat to evaporate the liquid for about 10 minutes without a lid..
- In the mean time, pierce the eggplant slices with a fork. Cover with plastic wrap, and microwave for about 3 minutes until they become soft..
- Making the yogurt sauce: Add the plain yogurt, egg, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper into a bowl, and mix with a whisk..
- Taste the Step 5 meat sauce and adjust the flavour..
- Spread out the potatoes and 1/2 of the meat sauce in the heatproof dish so that the surface is flat. Arrange the Step 6 eggplant, and spread out the remaining meat sauce on top..
- Spread out the Step 7 yogurt sauce all over at the end, bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until it becomes golden brown..
- Cut into rectangle portions, serve, and enjoy..
A light and healthy, but rich-tasting Greek-style dish, from Good Food Magazine. Greek Style Moussaka recipe: Try this Greek Style Moussaka recipe, or contribute your own. Is the most famous Greek recipe in the world, one after another alternating layers of vegetables and meat, prepare it at your Have you ever tried making moussaka at home? Greek authentic moussaka is a labour of love and patience! Giaourtotiropita: cake with yogurt and feta.
If you find this Greek-Style Moussaka with Yogurt recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.