Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Creamy Leek and Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy Leek and Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green And also Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only people who cared about the natural environment were tree huggers and hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared obligation we have for turning things around. According to the specialists, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some improvements. This needs to happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. Read on for some ways to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
Begin with replacing the lights. Complete this for the entire house, not just the kitchen. You should replace your incandescent lights by using energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. Although costing a little more in the beginning, these bulbs last as long as ten of the standard type as well as using a lot less energy. Changing the light bulbs would keep a great deal of bulbs out of the landfills, and that’s good. Together with different light bulbs, you need to learn to leave the lights off whenever they are not needed. In the kitchen is where you’ll usually come across members of a family, and often the lights may not be turned off until the last person goes to bed. Certainly this also happens in some other rooms, not simply the kitchen. Make a routine of having the lights on only when they are required, and you’ll be amazed at the amount of electricity you save.
As you can see, there are many little things that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Green living is not that hard. Typically, all it takes is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy leek and potato soup recipe. You can have creamy leek and potato soup using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Creamy Leek and Potato Soup:
- You need of Leeks, chopped.
- Provide of medium potatoes diced.
- Prepare of bulb of Garlic finely sliced.
- Prepare of onion medium finely sliced.
- Provide of hot stock (chicken or vegetable) use a couple of cubes.
- Get of Whole fat milk.
- Take of Olive oil or spray low calorie oil.
- Provide of Salt and Pepper.
Instructions to make Creamy Leek and Potato Soup:
- Using a large pan place on a medium heat, spray or drizzle with oil. Throw in the leeks to gently soften. I think the best way to make the soup full of flavour is to be patient allowing them to soften slowly. Whilst they are softening, chop the onion and garlic and then throw in the pan stirring well. Meanwhile stirring regularly, chop up the potatoes..
- After about 15 minutes the leeks and onions should be reduced and sweated down. Next add the stock to the mixture, add the milk and potatoes. Bring up to boil and a gentle simmer..
- Add salt and pepper to taste. The soup needs to bubble for about 20 – 25 minutes until the potatoes are soft. Next blitz the soup in a blender. If you like your soup chunky don't bother with this next bit! Serve up and Enjoy! Yum.
Find more dinner inspiration at BBC Good Food. A tin of Potato and Leek soup is my guilty pleasure! I bet homemade is so much better though, I need to make this! A smooth, creamy leek and potato soup that's full of flavour. Make it into a meal with plenty of bread and butter.
If you find this Creamy Leek and Potato Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.