Ogbonno, okra and Bitter leaf soup. Home for a couple of days and decided to make bitter leaf soup a.k.a. 'ofe onugbu'. Enjoy the recipe and don't forget to check out my website. This recipe is very easy and simple to put together.
You can use any protein of your choice for this recipe. Thank you guys for watching today's video. I made this soup with bitter leaves you might want to boil the bitter leaves with water for ten to fifteen minutes.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, ogbonno, okra and bitter leaf soup. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Home for a couple of days and decided to make bitter leaf soup a.k.a. 'ofe onugbu'. Enjoy the recipe and don't forget to check out my website. This recipe is very easy and simple to put together.
Ogbonno, okra and Bitter leaf soup is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Ogbonno, okra and Bitter leaf soup is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook ogbonno, okra and bitter leaf soup using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Ogbonno, okra and Bitter leaf soup:
- Take 1/2 of kilo of brisket bones.
- Prepare of I medium size smoked fish.
- Make ready Handful of stockfish flakes.
- Prepare 4 of brown pomo.
- Take 1/2 cup of periwinkle.
- Take 3 tablespoon of grinder ogbonno.
- Make ready 2 cups of fresh sliced okra.
- Take 5 of fresh yellow pepper.
- Take of I handful freshly washed bitter leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of crayfish.
- Prepare 2 of stockcubes.
- Take 1 tablespoon of black pepper.
- Take 1/2 cup of palm oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
This technique would further reduce the bitter tastes and also soften the leaves. Tanx dear for ur fine ogbonno soup recipe.. Please keep sending more recipe to. me. Bitter leaf soup, like most other Nigerian soups is named after the particular leaf which is used in preparing it.
Steps to make Ogbonno, okra and Bitter leaf soup:
- Wash your brisket bones, and pomo. Season with garlic, salt, black pepper, onions and boil without water, once the water dry out, add about 3 cups and continuing boiling meat till tender…add in the stockfish flakes..
- Add some water, pour in the ogbonno, add the palm oil, stir to mix well…if too thick add little water.. allow to boil, conceit boils, add the periwinkle, okra, pounded pepper and crayfish and allow to cook on medium heat for about 5 mins…
- Stir, add the washed bitter leaves, black pepper, crumbled the stock cubes over the pot and give it a good stir….do nit cover the..pot.. once the bitter leave cooks for about 5mins, taste for salt..remove from heat..
- The beauty of this soup, is actually in the softness of the brisket bones and pomo and smoked fish….this soup is totally yum and goes well with Semolina, Fufu or even Amala. 😋😋As you can see, imhad mine with very fluffy zingy and light semolina..
But of course, you need to wash this leaf to remove at least ninety percent of the bitter taste, just so you don't end up with a very bitter soup. See recipes for Ogbonno, okra and Bitter leaf soup, Ogbonno soup too. The combination of okra , ogboono and bitter leaf is a winner anyday and any time. I usually prefer brisket bones in this soup So here's my easy breezy recipe, try it out and lets compare notes. 😋😋. Bitterleaf Soup is not bitter as implied by the name.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food ogbonno, okra and bitter leaf soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!