Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re always being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most people typically believe that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, though, simply making some modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you do your food shopping since it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it contains. A good healthy option can be porridge oats which have been found to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. Add fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can be a normal part of your new healthy diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to indian red lentil soup with garam masala recipe. You can cook indian red lentil soup with garam masala using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala:
- Provide 150 grams of dried red lentils (cooking time about 20min).
- You need 750 ml of chicken stock.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Take 1 of onion.
- Get 2 cloves of garlic.
- Use 400 grams of ripe tomatoes (can).
- Get 1/4 bunch of or fresh parsley.
- Take 1-2 centimeter of fresh ginger root.
- Get 100-150 milliliter of coconut milk.
- Get 1 teaspoon of garam masala indian spicemix (see also my recipe).
- Prepare of some fresh ground pepper and sea salt.
- Prepare of optional:.
- Prepare 1 of small red chili pepper if you like it more hot.
Steps to make Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala:
- Wash the red lentils and put aside.
- Peel the onion and garlic, chop fine and put aside.
- If you want to use the chili pepper wash it then cut it open and remove the seeds and cut fine and put aside.
- Peel the skin from the ginger root, grate it and put aside.
- Cut the peeled tomatoes into cubes and put aside with juice.
- Put a 2 liter soup pan on medium heat with some olive oil, add the onion, garlic and optional the red chili pepper and fry slowly untill the onion is soft and looks glassy.
- Now add the grated ginger root, the garam masala and cumin and slowly fry for another minute or to release all the flavours.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken stock and red lentils and bring to boil.
- Let boil for about 20 min then blend smooth with an electrical hand blender, add the coconut milk and boil another minute.
- Add pepper and salt to taste and garnish with some parsley.
It's packed with leafy greens, thickened with dairy-free coconut milk, spiced with a mix of Indian anti-inflammatory ingredients, and finished with some sliced avocado. This is a great make-ahead meal and can keep in the fridge for up to week. Indian Lentil soup vs Lentil Curry. This particular Indian lentil soup is a variation of my Goan masoor dal curry. The difference is the number of spices used and the quantity.
If you find this Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.