Brad's chicken katsu. This is my family recipe for Chicken Katsu – Japanese style fried chicken. Can also be used to make Tonkatsu, just use pork cutlets instead of chicken. Serve with white rice and tonkatsu sauce.
Chicken katsu, also known as panko chicken, or tori katsu (torikatsu (鶏カツ)) is a Japanese dish of fried chicken made with panko bread crumbs which is also popular in Australia, Hawaii, London, California, and other areas of the world. Chicken Katsu is the crispiest chicken cutlet you can easily make at home! Serve this classic Japanese food with tonkatsu sauce and a side of fresh salad for the best family meal.
Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, brad's chicken katsu. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Brad's chicken katsu is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Brad's chicken katsu is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
This is my family recipe for Chicken Katsu – Japanese style fried chicken. Can also be used to make Tonkatsu, just use pork cutlets instead of chicken. Serve with white rice and tonkatsu sauce.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook brad's chicken katsu using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Brad's chicken katsu:
- Take of For the tonkatsu sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 2 tbs of low sodium soy sauce.
- Make ready 1 tbs of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbs of mirin.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of worchestershire sauce.
- Take 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground mustard.
- Prepare 1 clove of minced garlic.
- Take of For the chicken.
- Get 2 lbs of chicken breast, sliced into 1/2 " strips.
- Prepare of Prepared tempura batter.
Katsu – Chicken Katsu, Tonkatsu (pork), and Gyukatsu(beef) all work for this recipe If you are using leftover chicken katsu, you can skip ahead a few steps, but Katsudon turns out best if you fry the. Chicken katsu is a twist on the classic Japanese dish, which is traditionally made with pork. These crispy, crunchy chicken cutlets are topped with a sweet-salty tonkatsu sauce that's simply irresistible. Chicken Katsu – Japanese fried chicken cutlet with panko bread crumbs.
Steps to make Brad's chicken katsu:
- Slice chicken and put on a plate. Sprinkle with kosher salt and set aside..
- Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce. Mix well and refrigerate until use..
- Mix tempura batter. If you choose to use a boxed tempura follow recipe on box. Or make your own by mixing 1 cup rice flour w/ 2/3 cup ice water..
- Heat deep fryer to 360 degrees..
- Dip chicken in batter to coat well. Let excess drip off. Hold end of strip in hot oil for a few seconds then slowly lower into oil. This should keep the batter from sticking to the frying basket. Fry about 8 strips at a time. Fry for about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels..
- Serve chicken with the sauce on the side. Enjoy..
This recipe yields very Chicken katsu is served with a tonkatsu or katsu sauce. This recipe is better than Japanese takeout! Katsu is a Japanese method of breadcrumbing chicken- this version is served with a rich curry sauce, from BBC Good Food. Chicken katsu is widely seen on most Japanese, Korean, and Hawaiian restaurant menus. Deep fried chicken pieces with a side of dipping sauce can fulfill a good meal.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food brad's chicken katsu recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!