Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Simple Chicken Vegetable Pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Simple Chicken Vegetable Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple Chicken Vegetable Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Can save you Cash.
Until fairly recently anyone who indicated concern about the degradation of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it looks like we all realize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living more green we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. Each and every family ought to start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they must do this soon. The kitchen is a good place to start saving energy by going much more green.
Let us begin with something not that hard, changing the light bulbs. Do this for the whole house, not only the kitchen. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are energy-savers, and you will need to use them rather than incandescent lights. Although costing a little more initially, these bulbs last as long as ten of the traditional type as well as using a lot less energy. Changing the light bulbs would likely keep a great deal of bulbs out of the landfills, and that’s good. You also have to obtain the routine of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a room. The family spends major time in the cooking area, and how frequently does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. And it’s not confined to the kitchen, it goes on in other parts of the house at the same time. Try keeping the lights off if you don’t absolutely need them, and discover just how much electricity you can save.
As you can see, there are plenty of little elements that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Green living just isn’t that difficult. A lot of it is merely using common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to simple chicken vegetable pie recipe. To make simple chicken vegetable pie you need 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Simple Chicken Vegetable Pie:
- Get of Crust.
- Get of milk.
- Use of baking powder.
- Prepare of flour.
- Use of canola oil.
- You need of salt.
- Use of Filling.
- Provide of chicken breasts, chopped into bite size pieces.
- Use of frozen mixed vegetables.
- Use of Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herbs.
- Use of sea salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- You need of flour.
- Prepare of canola oil.
- Use of milk.
Steps to make Simple Chicken Vegetable Pie:
- Preheat oven to 425°F..
- Combine flour, salt and flour in mixing bowl. Add in oil and milk. Mix thoroughly, then set aside..
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan at medium-high heat. Add chicken, cook until chicken is no longer pink..
- Add flour one tablespoon at a time, mixing so that it thoroughly coats the chicken and absorbs the oil. Also add seasoning at this time..
- Add milk slowly, mixing thoroughly as you do. It should start thickening into gravy as it mixes with the floured chicken..
- Add vegetables to the chicken gravy. Allow gravy to cook until vegetables defrost, stirring frequently..
- In your baking dish, take about half of the dough you made previously and press it evenly into the bottom of the dish. Bake in oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the crust just starts to turn brown (I usually do this while I'm preparing the filling) Remove from oven..
- Scoop/pour the filling into the baking dish on top of the crust..
- Flatten the remaining dough out evenly and lay it over the filling so that it covers it (It doesn't have to be perfect, as the crust usually pulls away from the edges a bit anyway)..
- Place in oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the crust is a golden brown..
- Remove from oven and serve! If you allow it to sit and cool for a few minutes before serving, its usually a little easier to scoop out, as the filling thickens a little as it cools. Enjoy!.
While the crust is chilling you can make the filling. Classic chicken pot pie is a comfort food staple. Classic chicken pot pie is a comfort food staple. It's especially easy to make at home if you swap the Learn techniques for cooking vegetables and eggs and making pastas from scratch from the award-winning chef and proprietor of The French Laundry. This Chicken and Vegetable Pie features on our family meal plan at least twice a month.
If you find this Simple Chicken Vegetable Pie recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.