Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Tuscan White Bean Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tuscan White Bean Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Use Food to Improve Your Mood.
For the most part, people have been taught to think that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and need to be avoided. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this can be true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be altogether healthy and it’s good for you to eat them. There are several foods that basically can raise your moods when you consume them. When you feel a little down and are needing an emotional pick-me-up, test out a few of these.
Cold water fish are wonderful for eating if you wish to combat depression. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, etcetera, they’re all high in omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that really help the grey matter in your brain function a lot better. It’s the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can actually help you battle your depression.
So you see, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you wish to feel better! Go with these suggestions instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tuscan white bean soup recipe. You can cook tuscan white bean soup using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Tuscan White Bean Soup:
- Take 6 strips of bacon (diced).
- Use 2 of large green onion (diced small).
- Provide 1 cup of shredded carrots.
- Prepare 3 of celery stalks (diced small) optional.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves (minced).
- Take 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- Use to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of white cooking wine.
- Use 2 cans of (14.5) Great Northern Beans.
- Take 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of dried basil leaves.
- Get 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Get 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/8 tsp of celery seed.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried parsley.
Steps to make Tuscan White Bean Soup:
- Place a large stock pot over medium heat and add bacon. Cook until bacon is crisp and cooked through. Use a slotted spoon to remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate, leaving bacon drippings in pan. Set aside..
- You want about 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings in the pot, if you do not have enough fat, add extra virgin olive oil to pan until you have about 1 tablespoon of liquid (just eyeball this)..
- Increase heat to medium high. Add shallots, carrot, and celery to pot. Cook, stirring frequently until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper; cook until aromatic, 30 seconds – 1 minute..
- Add white wine to deglaze pan, scraping up brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook until wine is reduced to 2 tablespoon, about 3-4 minutes..
- Add the chicken stock, beans with their liquid, rosemary and Parmesan..
- Increase heat to high and bring soup to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes..
- Add in the bacon, 1/4 cup of cream, chopped parsley leaves and grated parmesan. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Taste the soup, add more cream for a richer taste and texture..
- (You can serve the soup as is for a brothy consistency, or you can thicken the soup with one of the two methods below.) For an ultra creamy, bisque-like texture, puree the entire soup..
- Ladle soup into serving bowls. Garnish with more grated parmesan cheese, green onion, sour cream and or more garlic powder. Serve and enjoy!.
Add the chicken broth, tomatoes and bay leaf. Recipes like this Tuscan white bean soup are the basis of the Mediterranean diet. The Mediterranean diet is a healthy eating plan consisting of many plant-based recipes, fish and seafood from the Mediterranean Sea, and small amounts of meat. Beans are a very important part of this diet and many generations have grown eating beans and legumes as a source of plant. OK, back to the Tuscan bean soup recipe!
If you find this Tuscan White Bean Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.