Better than Jiffy Cornbread.
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, better than jiffy cornbread. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Better than Jiffy Cornbread is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Better than Jiffy Cornbread is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook better than jiffy cornbread using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Better than Jiffy Cornbread:
- Take 2 1/2 cups of milk.
- Get 2/3 cup of white sugar.
- Take 1/2 cup of vegetable oil or melted butter.
- Make ready 2 of large eggs.
- Make ready 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Make ready 1 1/2 cups of cornmeal.
- Prepare 1 tbs of baking powder.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
Steps to make Better than Jiffy Cornbread:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish. Set aside..
- In a large bowl vigorously wisk together milk, sugar, eggs, and oil/butter..
- In a separate bowl wisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt..
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Gently stir until just combined. Note: Batter will be lumpy and that's ok. Over-mixing will make tough cornbread..
- Transfer to baking dish. Let rest 10 minutes before placing in oven. This actually creates a fluffier cornbread..
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food better than jiffy cornbread recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!