Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Healthy Puran Polis recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Healthy Puran Polis recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your Overall Health Can Be Impacted By The Foods You Decide To Consume.
With regards to the foods that you eat, you will see that your overall health can be effected either positively or negatively. You should also realize that there are foods that you’ll want to avoid at all costs and that would be the majority of food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. These types of foods are packed with bad fat and also have very little nutritional value. In this article we are going to be going over foods that you should be eating that can help you stay healthy.
Most of your meals should also incorporate fish including salmon or lean proteins, as these will also be in a position to help your health. The point that salmon is also loaded with Omega-3 is just one of the reasons why it is a good choice, but it additionally contains other essential nutrients you will need. And whenever it comes to lean protein, you should keep in mind that you only need about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. In order to reduce your fat intake you really should cut off any visible fat before you cook the meats.
For those who want to start living a much healthier life the tips above will be able to help you do that. Also if you cut out all the unhealthy food that you shouldn’t be eating anyway, you will probably find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to healthy puran polis recipe. To cook healthy puran polis you need 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Healthy Puran Polis:
- Use 2 cups of wheat flour.
- Get 1 cup of presoaked chana dal (split Bengal gram).
- Prepare 1 of &1/2 cups white jaggery powdered.
- Provide Pinch of salt.
- Take 1 of &1/2 tsp cardamom powder.
- You need 1 cup of finely chopped mixed dry fruits & nuts.
- Take 1/2 cup of grated coconut.
- Use 1 tsp of oil.
- Get 2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take of Ghee as required.
Instructions to make Healthy Puran Polis:
- Mash the presoaked chana dal in a mixer until you get a fine mash. (Soaking the dal for 1 hr before this procedure reduces cooking time).
- In a pan, add the mashed chana dal, jaggery, turmeric powder, dry fruits & nuts, grated coconut. Mix well & add 2 tsp ghee. Keep cooking till mixture leaves sides of pan. Add cardamom powder then, mix well & turn off flame. Your puran mixture is ready as shown below..
- In a bowl mix the wheat flour, pinch salt, turmeric powder & adding warm water knead into a smooth dough. Knead well for 5 mins. Apply 1 tsp oil over it, cover with damp cloth & let it rest for 5 mins..
- Make medium sized balls from dough. Add a big spoon of puran mixture in the centre. Fold to make pleats like we do for parathas. Roll into flat circles. If the puran leaks out dust some flour over it so it won’t stick to the pan..
- On a non-stick pan add 1/2 tsp ghee. Place the poli on it gently. Apply 1/2 tsp ghee on it spreading evenly. Always cook on low flame. After 2-3 mins, flip & fry the other side..
- Serve hot with more ghee if desired. Stack the polis in a casserole or hot pack so that they become soft. They can be stored at room temperature for upto 3 days..
Literally translates to "puran"-the sweet filling in "poli"-the chapati or flat bread. The aroma while making puran poli at home and the delicious taste while eating it is just awesome. Read the step – by – step puran poli recipe here with images. Puran poli is a sweet flatbread stuffed with a sweet lentil filling made from husked spilt bengal gram (chana dal) and jaggery. Puran poli is a popular Maharashtrian recipe made during Ganesh Chaturthi or Diwali or any other festive occasion.
If you find this Healthy Puran Polis recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.