Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Greek Chicken and Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Greek Chicken and Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Use Food to Boost Your Mood.
Many of us have been taught to think that comfort foods are terrible and should be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is a high sugar food or another junk food, this is very true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be completely healthy and it’s good for you to consume them. There are some foods that, when you consume them, may improve your mood. If you feel a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, are fantastic for helping you combat depression. Just see to it that you don’t get rid of the egg yolk. The yolk is the part of the egg that is the most crucial in terms of helping elevate your mood. Eggs, especially the egg yolks, are full of B vitamins. These B vitamins are fantastic for helping to boost your mood. This is because the B vitamins improve the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that dictate how you feel). Try to eat an egg and feel a lot happier!
Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try some of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to greek chicken and potatoes recipe. To cook greek chicken and potatoes you only need 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Greek Chicken and Potatoes:
- Get 5 lbs of bone in, skinless chicken thighs, excess fat trimmed.
- Provide 7 of Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and cut into 2inch chunks.
- Provide 1 3/4 TBSP of Kosher salt.
- Prepare 2-2 1/2 TBSP of dried oregano.
- Use 2 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary.
- Get 2 pinches of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 1/2 TBSP of garlic powder.
- Use 3/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Use 1 1/4 cups of olive oil.
- Take 1 of and 2/3 cans garlic chicken broth+ splash to deglaze pan.
Steps to make Greek Chicken and Potatoes:
- Preheat oven to °425.
- Mix all ingredients except for chicken, potatoes, and broth in a big measuring cup (or bowl) Microwave potato chunks for approximately 5-10 minutes, just enough to soften before baking..
- Place chicken and potato chunks in large bowl, and pour oil mixture over it. Stir to thoroughly coat all, and let sit about a half an hour for flavors to be absorbed..
- Lightly oil a large roasting pan and place chicken pieces in it, shaking off excess marinade. Then arrange potato chunks around chicken..
- Pour broth over all, then remaining marinade..
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, stir to evenly distribute juices, then continue baking until done, about 23 more minutes..
- Remove from oven and preheat broiler. Remove chicken to plate and wrap with foil to keep warm..
- Place pan with potatoes in broiler for about 3-5 minutes to caramelize, but check every 2 minutes or so to avoid burning..
- When potatoes are done to your likeness, remove from pan. Add splash of broth to pan and scrape brown bits, and deglaze for a few minutes. Serve chicken and potatoes drizzled with pan juices..
- Enjoy your fabulous meal!.
Baked chicken and potatoes on a sheet pan is a staple dinner in many Greek households not only because it's easy but also because it's delicious and healthy at the same time. Arrange chicken, potatoes and garlic in large roasting pan. Mix olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and rosemary and pour over the chicken thighs. What to add to Greek chicken: Potatoes, sweet potato, cauliflower and broccoli are all additions to this sheet pan dinner. Cube potatoes then season with salt and pepper.
If you find this Greek Chicken and Potatoes recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.