Hummus and Pita Bread. How to make Hummus at home? Watch MasterChef Tarla Dalal explain in hindi the recipe & cooking method of Lebanese Hummus with Pita Bread. Today we are showing you how to make the best hummus and pita bread at home.
But it wasn't always that way. When you are among Lebanese folk, the word "pita" doesn't usually come up in conversation. Spread hummus evenly in pita halves and fill halves with vegetable mixture.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, hummus and pita bread. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Hummus and Pita Bread is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Hummus and Pita Bread is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
How to make Hummus at home? Watch MasterChef Tarla Dalal explain in hindi the recipe & cooking method of Lebanese Hummus with Pita Bread. Today we are showing you how to make the best hummus and pita bread at home.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook hummus and pita bread using 1 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Hummus and Pita Bread:
- Take of All Purpose Flour, Plain Flour, Instant Dried Yeast, Olive Oil, Boiled Chickpeas, Sesame Seeds, Green Chillies, Black pepper Powder, Garlic, Vinegar/Lemon.
Hummus in Pita. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.. Hummus With Grilled Pita Bread, Pita Bread With Sweet Potato Hummus, Spiced Turkey With Hummus On Pita Bread. I love Joseph's Low-Carb Pita Bread (affiliate link) so much that I order it online and always have some in the freezer, so Kara and I toasted some of that as the base for these middle eastern pita rounds. As Pita, Hummus & Tahini are used in different ways in the cuisine, I decided to make them as a sampler.
Steps to make Hummus and Pita Bread:
- Soak the Chick peas overnight, or if you want to make it lesser time then soak it in boiling hot water then pressure cooker it for around 12 whistles, then Darin the chickpeas, allow it to cool, don't throw the water of the chickpeas..
- Take a mixer jar add the boiled chickpeas, add green chilli just a little don't make it spicy because hummus does not have spicy taste it's very mild in taste and even you can skip the green chillies usually in restaurant it's not added, add bit of black pepper powder, Garlic, (For Jain hummus skip garlic) add Salt, 1 or 2 TSP vinegar / lemon as per your taste how tangy you require, now slowly slowly add the chickpeas water which was left while boiling, add sesame seeds and make a smooth paste.
- For Pita Bread, Take 1 Cup of warm water, add 1tsp of sugar, 1/2 TSP of Dried Yeast and rest it for 15 mins, let the Yeast get reacted properly..
- Now take 2 Cups of Refined Flour, 3/4 Cup of Wheat Flour, Add 2tbsp of olive oil, add the Yeast water and make a soft roti dough, rest it for 1 hour atleast or till it gets double in size..
- Now take a tawa, make medium size thick rotis like shown in the image, make rotis and keeo it for rest for 15 to 20 mins so that it will rise up and cover it with damp cloth, now after 15 to 20 mins cook the pita bread on a tawa without oil, it will rise up automatically just slightly press it with spatula to puff it do not puff it like a roti on gas, puff it on the tawa only..
- Serve your pita bread and hummus with some salads with vinegar in it..
Pita is a soft and hollow bread made with wheat flour in varying round and oval sizes based on its usage. It is used to serve main course like gyros and falafel and comes out really tasty. Bake pita breads as per instruction on the package and cut them in halves. Lastly, sprinkle your pita pockets with pomegranate seeds and chopped. Hummus with pita bread and fresh vegetables, top view.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food hummus and pita bread recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!