Pita Bread Chick Pea Kidney bean filling with Tzatziki sauce. This recipe for Pita Bread with Tzatziki Sauce can be prepared alone as a snack or enjoyed as a base to a gyro, falafel or I like the drizzle the top of my tzatziki sauce with a little olive oil and garnish with dill. Squishy warm pita bread and tangy tzatziki sauce. Tzatziki Sauce – How to Make Tzatziki – Greek Garlic Yogurt Sauce.
Serve while still warm with some pita breads and tzatziki sauce. You can also serve the chicken souvlaki (skewers) wrapped. Greek Chicken Gyros with homemade Tzatziki sauce.
Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, pita bread chick pea kidney bean filling with tzatziki sauce. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
This recipe for Pita Bread with Tzatziki Sauce can be prepared alone as a snack or enjoyed as a base to a gyro, falafel or I like the drizzle the top of my tzatziki sauce with a little olive oil and garnish with dill. Squishy warm pita bread and tangy tzatziki sauce. Tzatziki Sauce – How to Make Tzatziki – Greek Garlic Yogurt Sauce.
Pita Bread Chick Pea Kidney bean filling with Tzatziki sauce is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Pita Bread Chick Pea Kidney bean filling with Tzatziki sauce is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook pita bread chick pea kidney bean filling with tzatziki sauce using 31 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Pita Bread Chick Pea Kidney bean filling with Tzatziki sauce:
- Take of Pita bread:.
- Get 200 grams of wheat flour.
- Get 2 tablespoons of flax seeds.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- Take 3/4 of lukewarm water.
- Prepare 4-5 grams of instant dry yeast.
- Make ready of Filling:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of boiled chickpeas.
- Take 1/4 cup of boiled kidney beans.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper powder.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Make ready 1/2 of lemon Juice.
- Get of Salsa:.
- Prepare 1 of tomato chopped finely.
- Get 1 of onion chopped finely.
- Take 1 tablespoon of coriander leaves chopped.
- Take 1 of capsicum finely chopped.
- Get 1/2 of lemon Juice.
- Take as per taste of Salt.
- Prepare as per taste of Black Pepper powder.
- Prepare of Tzatziki sauce:.
- Make ready 1 cup of thick yogurt.
- Make ready 2 tablespoons of finely chopped mint leaves.
- Take 2 tablespoons of finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Make ready 2 of crushed garlic.
- Get as needed of Salt to season.
- Prepare as needed of Black pepper powder to season.
- Make ready 1/2 of cucumber finely grated.
- Take 1/2 of carrot finely grated.
- Make ready 5-6 of cabbage or lettuce leaves.
So, I wanted to create a homemade Greek Chicken Gyro recipe using marinated spiced chicken, grilled to perfection and topped with a homemade tzatziki sauce, fresh Greek Salad, all on a warm pita bread. Tzatziki Sauce is a versatile condiment that will make all of your Mediterranean recipes better! You can serve Greek tzatziki as a dip for veggies and pitas, as a spread for burgers and sandwiches or as a sauce for all your favorite Greek recipes from souvlaki to gyros. Combine the yogurt, chopped onion, cucumber, and lemon juice.
Steps to make Pita Bread Chick Pea Kidney bean filling with Tzatziki sauce:
- Soak kidney beans and chick peas for 6-8 hours. Boil them until soft and mushy..
- For Pita, prepare brine by mixing lukewarm water and yeast. Let it froth up for 5-10 minutes..
- Roast flax seeds and grind to powder.
- In a bowl add wheat flour, flaxseed powder, salt and mix well with spoon or fork..
- Add the brine and mix into a sticky dough, use some water if required..
- Cover and let the dough ferment for a few hours. It took me 2 hours on a sunny morning..
- Once the dough is fermented, lightly knead it for 1/2 a minute. Divide it into 4-6 equal parts..
- Preheat oven @200C..
- Dust with dry flour. Roll out thick discs of 1/4 inch without putting much pressure..
- Place the discs on a baking tray. Bake at the same temperature for 8-10 minutes on one side and 3-4 minutes on the other side..
- Make filling: Mix kidney beans and chick peas in a bowl, add salt, peppers, lemon juice. Mix well and set aside..
- You can also roast on a hot tawa..
- Make salsa: Mix all chopped vegetables, lemon juice, salt, pepper and set aside..
- Make tzatziki sauce: If your curd is thick, put it in a muslin cloth and hang it for 1 hour or so, the excess water will be drained..
- Wash, peel and fine grate cucumber, add 1/8 teaspoon salt and leave for 3-5 minutes. Squeeze the excess liquid and use the flesh..
- Finely grate carrot, chop mint and coriander leaves, crush the garlic pods.
- Take this thick curd or yogurt in a bowl add cucumber flesh, grated carrot, chopped leaves, crushed garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Assemble by cutting pita bread into half. Keep cabbage leaves into the packet..
- Fill with chick pea and kidney bean filling, then fill with salsa mixture.
- Serve with generous tablespoons of tzatziki sauce..
Add salt and pepper to taste. Let rest a few minutes, then slice into strips. Build your souvlaki in a pita bread or flat bread, with the grilled chicken and tzatziki. I began with a layer of tzatziki, then the. Ok, something else I LOVE, Tzatziki Sauce.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food pita bread chick pea kidney bean filling with tzatziki sauce recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!