Hummus With Toasted Pita Bread.
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, hummus with toasted pita bread. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Hummus With Toasted Pita Bread is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Hummus With Toasted Pita Bread is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook hummus with toasted pita bread using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Hummus With Toasted Pita Bread:
- Make ready 1 bowl of canned chickpeas or 1 1/2 cups (250 grams) cooked chickpeas.
- Make ready 1/4 cup (60 ml) of fresh lemon juice (1 large lemon).
- Take 1 of small garlic clove, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup (60 ml) of well-stirred tahini, homemade tahini recipe(Refer:https://cookpad.com/in/recipes/3854447-homemade-tahini-sauce?via=search).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of (30 to 45 ml) water.
- Take Dash of ground paprika, for serving.
Steps to make Hummus With Toasted Pita Bread:
- In the bowl of mixer, assemble the tahini and lemon squeeze and process for 1 minute, rub the sides and base of the bowl at that point procedure for 30 seconds more. This additional time helps "whip" or "cream" the tahini, makes the hummus to smooth and rich..
- Add the olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the whipped tahini and lemon juice..
- Process for 30 seconds, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then grind for 30 seconds or until well blended. Add of the chickpeas to the mixer and process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl, then add remaining chickpeas and process until thick and quite smooth; 1 to 2 minutes..
- Most likely the hummus will be too thick or still have tiny bits of chickpea. To fix this, slowly add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water until you reach the perfect consistency..
- Serve hummus with a drizzle of olive oil and dash of paprika. Store homemade hummus in an airtight container and refrigerate up to one week..
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food hummus with toasted pita bread recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!