Greek pita bread. How to make Pita Bread at home like a PRO (without oven). What makes Greek souvlaki so unique, juicy grilled meat aside, is, of course, the pita bread. The Greek pita resembles very much the Arabic flatbread, but unlike them, our pita breads are leavened.
A favorite to serve with dips and spreads, like melitzanosalata, fava, feta. Pita bread is a staple of Greek cuisine. It is the bread used for gyros and it is often served with dips such as tzatziki and hummus.
Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, greek pita bread. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
How to make Pita Bread at home like a PRO (without oven). What makes Greek souvlaki so unique, juicy grilled meat aside, is, of course, the pita bread. The Greek pita resembles very much the Arabic flatbread, but unlike them, our pita breads are leavened.
Greek pita bread is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Greek pita bread is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook greek pita bread using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Greek pita bread:
- Take 160 ml of milk (room temperature).
- Prepare 80 ml of water (room temperature).
- Make ready 1 tsp of white granulated sugar.
- Take 7 g of yeast.
- Get 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Make ready 340 g of strong white bread flour.
- Make ready 1 tsp of salt and pepper mix.
- Make ready 1 tsp of fresh chopped thyme.
This recipe is fairly easy to put together, but it does take some time. Pita (/ˈpɪtə/ or US: /ˈpiːtə/) or pitta (British English), is a family of yeast-leavened round flatbreads baked from wheat flour, common in the Mediterranean, Middle East, and neighboring areas. It includes the widely known version with an interior pocket, also known as Arabic bread (Arabic: khubz ʿarabī). Greek Pita Pizza is seasoned pita bread topped with all of your favorite Greek flavors.
Steps to make Greek pita bread:
- Combine the sugar, yeast, water and milk in a bowl. Set the bowl aside for 10 minutes. Wait for the mixture to start bubbling..
- In a second bowl, combine the flour, salt and chopped fresh thyme leaves. Mix thoroughly..
- Add olive oil to the yeast mixture before slowly combining with the flour mixture. Use stand mixer or knead by hand until dough is smooth..
- Brush or spray bowl with oil and add the dough. Sprinkle some flour over the top and leave for 60 minutes to prove. Cover with a tea towel or similar. It should double in size..
- Cut dough into 6 equal portions, approximately 100g in size. Using a rolling pin, roll dough out until approximately 30cm in size..
- Pizza oven and frying pan fundamentals are the same – cook each size for 1-2 minutes, watching as the puff up slightly. Turn when a golden brown colour. Don’t allow to go too dark in colour..
You can warm the pita bread to make it pliable. Pita bread is topped with a Greek-inspired spinach salad with olives, feta cheese, and mozzarella cheese. A lemony dressing completes this vegetarian pizza. Turns out that Greek and Middle Eastern food is quite abundant in Michigan. There is a popular chain restaurant called Olga's, and they make such. good. pita bread.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food greek pita bread recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!