Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Low fat carrot mug cake with vegan options recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Low fat carrot mug cake with vegan options recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re always being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. People typically believe that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make some small changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food as it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? A great healthy option can be porridge oats which have been found to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to low fat carrot mug cake with vegan options recipe. To make low fat carrot mug cake with vegan options you only need 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Low fat carrot mug cake with vegan options:
- Use 1/4 of flax egg (1 teaspoon flax, 2 teaspoons water) (or 1/4 of an egg).
- You need 1/2 teaspoons of oil, I used safflower.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Provide 1/4 cup of grated carrot.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of applesauce.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of chopped walnuts.
- You need 2.5 tablespoons of all purpose flour.
- Use 2 tablespoons of sugar (I used demerara).
- Use 1.5 teaspoons of coconut flakes (optional, will increase fat content).
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Use 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- Provide of Frosting.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cream cheese or vegan cream cheese.
- You need 2 teaspoons of soy milk.
- Get 1 teaspoon of maple sugar.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Steps to make Low fat carrot mug cake with vegan options:
- Preheat oven to 350 F..
- Mix ground flax and water to form a flax egg. Let it sit for a minute, then add the oil and vanilla. Mix..
- Add the carrots, applesauce, and walnuts. Mix..
- In a separate bowl add the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt. Mix..
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and mix..
- Lightly grease an oven safe mug. Spoon mixture into mug, pat down and smooth..
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes. Then use a knife to work around the edge and remove the cake. Let cool completely..
- Mix the frosting ingredients and put frosting on cake. Enjoy!.
Since this was more of a spring flavor, I pushed this one ahead of the other two! This was by far the best carrot cake I've had and it was a SO easy! Carrot Mug Cake Recipe: In a small bowl, mix dry ingredients (not carrots). In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Okay, let's jump into the cakes…mug style!
If you find this Low fat carrot mug cake with vegan options recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.