Red beans and rice with smoked sausage. Enjoy this Red Beans and Rice with Smoked Sausage Recipe! Good ole red beans and rice with lots of smoked sausage. I put lots of garlic in it which makes it tasty.
This is medium on the heat but make it hot as you like! Red Beans and Rice with Smoked Sausage. Broil or grill sausage until browned, keep warm.
Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, red beans and rice with smoked sausage. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Red beans and rice with smoked sausage is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Red beans and rice with smoked sausage is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
Enjoy this Red Beans and Rice with Smoked Sausage Recipe! Good ole red beans and rice with lots of smoked sausage. I put lots of garlic in it which makes it tasty.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook red beans and rice with smoked sausage using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Red beans and rice with smoked sausage:
- Prepare Cup of diced celery.
- Prepare Cup of diced yellow onion.
- Make ready Cup of diced green pepper.
- Make ready 4 of large garlic minced.
- Get of Whole pack Cajun/smoked sausage sliced.
- Prepare 32 oz of chicken stock.
- Get 4 of Bay leaves.
- Get 2 1/2 tbsp of Cajun seasoning.
- Get 4 tbsp of butter.
- Take 2 cans of red beans drained.
- Take 6 tbsp of flour.
- Make ready of Hot sauce to taste (I prefer crystal or zatarains).
I grew up on red beans & rice. My parents made it once a week (with a ham hock) and I hated it. I make it with Trader Joe's chicken and jalapeno sausage. Season it with some sour cream, hot sauce, and green onions.
Instructions to make Red beans and rice with smoked sausage:
- Add 4 tbsp butter and a glob of oil. Add veggies and sweat down until really soft, remove and set aside..
- Wipe pot down and add 2 tbsp of oil and sear sliced sausage until rendered then remove with slotted spoon and retain oil in the pan.
- Add 4 tbsp butter to the pot and simmer lightly. Slowly add flour 1 tbsp at a time and make a dark chocolate roux. This method takes time and constant attention and whisking. If it starts to smell like slightly burned popcorn it's fine but if you have ever burned a roux then you will know it's time to start over..
- Add veggies and simmer until slightly thickened(5 to 10 minutes).
- Add chicken stock and stir until incorporated and then add sausage, beans, Cajun seasoning, bay leaves and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer low covered but cracked, for about an hour and then check for seasonings, salt to taste but I only did a few grinds of salt (add 2 to 3 tbsp of hot sauce at this time).
- Lightly smash some beans and low simmer for another 15 minutes and serve..
- Serve with rice and top with green onions and crusty bread on the side.
Red beans with smoked sausage served over rice makes for a delicious and hearty meal found in many Southern kitchens. Serve it with some Southern Cornmeal Hoecakes for a real comfort food dinner. Red beans, smoked sausage and rice can be made on the stove top or in the crock pot. Add rice, water and bouillon cube. Bring to a boil..per serving Ingredients: red beans, garlic cloves, sausage, thyme, black pepper, smoked ham shank, sage, onions, cayenne pepper, salt, rice.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food red beans and rice with smoked sausage recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!