Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Chicken & Potato Samosas recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken & Potato Samosas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken & Potato Samosas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Picking The Right Foods May Help You Stay Fit As Well As Healthy.
The one thing that some of you may already understand is that by consuming the right foods can have a huge effect on your health. Something that you should not eat no matter what is the various foods that you will acquire at all of those take out places. The foods that you get from these fast food places are foods that are extremely unhealthy, loaded with fat and usually have little to no nourishment. In the following paragraphs we’re going to be going over foods that you ought to be eating that can help you remain in good health.
Although some of you like to have your snack foods, rather than reaching for the potato chips try getting some nuts. One of several health benefits of these types of nuts and seeds is the Omega-3 and Omega-6 that can be obtained in them. These fatty acids are essential to helping your body produce the proper quantities of hormones your body needs for a healthy lifestyle. If you do not get the fatty acids you will need your body will actually not be able to create a few of the hormones that it needs.
By simply following a few of the suggestions above you will see that you’ll be living a healthier life. Something that you ought to actually avoid is all of the processed foods that you can buy in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken & potato samosas recipe. You can cook chicken & potato samosas using 22 ingredients and 24 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken & Potato Samosas:
- Use of For the Filling.
- Get 9 of Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks.
- Take 2 teaspoons of Mustard Seeds.
- Provide 1 of Onion, peeled and sliced.
- You need of Few teaspoons Vegetable Oil.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Crushed Ginger.
- Prepare 1 pound of Boneless Chicken Pieces.
- You need 1/2 cup of Water.
- Use 1 cup of Frozen Peas.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of Red Chilli Powder.
- Use 2 teaspoons of Salt.
- Get 1 teaspoon of Garam Masala.
- Take 2 teaspoons of Ground Cumin.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Ground Coriander.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of Mango Powder.
- Provide Handful of Fresh Coriander Leaves, chopped.
- Provide of For the Dough.
- Take 3 cups of all-purpose flour, plus more as needed.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of granulated suga.
- Use 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 1/2 cup of ghee (clarified butter) or oil.
- You need 1 cup of warm water.
Steps to make Chicken & Potato Samosas:
- Start by making the dough – you will need to refrigerate overnight before making the samosas..
- In a large bow,l add flour and make a well then add sugar, salt..
- Add water, and ghee or oil. Knead to form soft and sticky dough..
- Place dough on a heavily floured board and knead for about 3-4minutes. Continue to flour dough as needed to facilitate kneading. Be careful not to overdo it. Dough should be soft, elastic and smooth..
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes..
- On a lightly floured surface, form the dough into 16 balls..
- Wrap the dough balls in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight..
- Remove dough balls from fridge the next day making sure to bring them to room temperature before proceeding..
- Start making the filling while the dough balls come up to room temperature..
- Place the potatoes into a pan of water and boil them until they are cooked through. Drain out the water and then roughly mash them – leave somewhat chunky. Set aside..
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds and fry for 10 seconds until they start to pop. Add the onions and ginger and stir-fry for a few minutes..
- Add the chicken and brown on a medium heat for a few minutes. Add the water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked..
- Then, take a potato masher and mash the chicken. (or use a food processor).
- Add the peas and smashed potatoes – Mix well.
- Add all of the spices, the salt and the fresh coriander. Mix well.
- Cover and steam on low heat for a few minutes until the peas are cooked. Allow to cool completely before using to fill samosas..
- To make the Samosas:.
- Roll the dough using a lightly floured rolling pin; cut it half. Spoon a generous 1-2 tablespoons filling in the center of a half-circle; lightly moisten the dough edges with water or flour paste, using your finger. Fold the end over the filling to form a triangle, and then continue to fold up the strip in triangles, like you would a flag. Continue with remaining dough. Set samosas on tray..
- In a large sauce pan, pour vegetable oil, until it is at least 3 inches, and place on medium heat or until oil is 350 degrees..
- When ready, gently place a few samosas at a time into the saucepan..
- Fry for a few minutes until the bottom side is light brown..
- Turn over and fry for a few more minutes until the other side is light brown..
- If baking, place on a baking sheet and brush with canola oil. Then bake at 375 degrees F for about 20 minutes or more until golden brown, turning once..
- Serve warm or at room temperature with ranch dressing, raita, (mango) chutney, or tamarind sauce..
Get dinner on the table with delicious, easy-to-prepare chicken recipes from Food Network, including grilled, baked and roast chicken. Thanks to its amazing versatility, we have enough chicken recipe ideas here to keep you cooking something new every night of the year! Cook a chicken breast to top your greens for lunch or air fry chicken wings for a better-for-you appetizer. Chicken is the most common type of poultry in the world. Owing to the relative ease and low cost of raising them in comparison to animals such as cattle or hogs, chickens have become prevalent throughout the cuisine of cultures around the world, and their meat has been variously adapted to regional tastes.
If you find this Chicken & Potato Samosas recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.