Mike's Crispy Cajun Legs Over Red Beans & Rice. This recipe is another one of my favorite comfort foods. Here is my way of making a New Orleans Louisiana style red beans and rice at home. Red Beans & Rice by The Cajun Ninja!
Add in tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes and hot sauce (if using) season with salt and add in sugar to taste if needed. Serve it over rice with some cornbread. Made as written and I'm not exactly sure why pintos would be used instead of red beans and chipotle season over creole but they did come out pretty good.
Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, mike's crispy cajun legs over red beans & rice. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This recipe is another one of my favorite comfort foods. Here is my way of making a New Orleans Louisiana style red beans and rice at home. Red Beans & Rice by The Cajun Ninja!
Mike's Crispy Cajun Legs Over Red Beans & Rice is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Mike's Crispy Cajun Legs Over Red Beans & Rice is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have mike's crispy cajun legs over red beans & rice using 46 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Crispy Cajun Legs Over Red Beans & Rice:
- Prepare of ● For The Chicken.
- Make ready 6 of Oversized Chicken Drumsticks [rinsed – patted dry – trimmed].
- Prepare of ● For The Chicken Marinade.
- Take 2 (14.5 oz) of Cans Swansons Chicken Broth [with sodium].
- Take 1/2 tbsp of Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning.
- Make ready 1 (8 oz) of Can Crushed Tomatoes [with herbs].
- Get 1/2 tbsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare 3 Dashes of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare 4 Dashes of Louisiana Roasted Garlic Or Louisiana Regular Hot Sauce.
- Take 1/2 tbsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Get 2 Dashes of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp of Dried Chives.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Dried Basil.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt [optional – taste test marinade first].
- Prepare of ● For The Crispy Dry Coating.
- Make ready 1 Box of Your Favorite Chicken Coating [we used Progresso & Panko].
- Take 1 tsp of Tony Chachere's Seasoning.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- Make ready of ● For The Red Beans & Rice.
- Get 1 Pound of Fine Chopped Precooked Andulie Or Boudin Sausage.
- Make ready 1 (7 oz) of Pkg Tony Satcheres Red Beans & Rice [a great cheater!].
- Get 1 tbsp of Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning.
- Take 1 tbsp of Louisiana Roasted Garlic Or Louisiana Regular Hot Sauce.
- Get 3 (14.5 oz) of Cans Low Sodium Chicken Or Beef Broth [or mix them].
- Take 3 Bags of Uncle Ben's Pre-steamed White Rice.
- Take 1 (14.5 oz) of Can Drained Can Kidney Beans.
- Get 1/3 Cup of Fine Chopped Vidalia Onions.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Fine Chopped Celery [with leaves].
- Take 1/4 Cup of Fine Chopped Orange Bell Pepper [de-seeded].
- Make ready 1/4 Cup of Fine Chopped Green Bell Pepper [de-seeded].
- Take 1/4 Cup of Fine Chopped Red Bell Peppers [de-seeded].
- Get 1 (10 oz) of Can Hunts Crushed Tomatoes With Herbs.
- Prepare 2 Dashes of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Cayenne Pepper [+ reserves].
- Prepare 2 Dashes of Liquid Smoke [not extract].
- Prepare of ● For The Breads.
- Get of Regular Or Jalapeño Cornbread.
- Make ready of ● For The Kitchen Equipment.
- Make ready 1 of LG Lifted Baking Rack.
- Take 1 of Medium Frying Pan.
- Get 1 of LG Cooking Pot.
Crispy cajun spiced skin covering succulent meat that is super easy to make? This recipe utilizes a homemade cajun seasoning. There's nothing quite like mixing your own to have complete control over the flavor. Cajun Red Beans and Rice – Rice and Beans Recipe
Instructions to make Mike's Crispy Cajun Legs Over Red Beans & Rice:
- Here's what you'll need for your Cajun Chicken in steps #1 and #2..
- Louisiana Roasted Garlic Hot Sauce pictured..
- Marinate your dethawed chicken legs for 3+ hours in the fridge. Flip and massage legs occasionally..
- Create your dry chicken coating..
- Press chicken legs into your dry seasoning and place on a lifted [important] greased rack. Add additional Cayenne Pepper to chicken. We always do. Bake at 400° for 45 to 60 minutes. Check occasionally for any signs of burning..
- Sauté your vegetables in a minimal amount of oil until translucent in a pan. 2 to 3 minutes..
- Heat your broth with your spices. Bring to a simmer. Mix well..
- Add everything else to your broth. Break up your precooked rice. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir regularly..
- Serve with cornbread and Louisiana Hot Sauce. Enjoy!.
Cajun Red Beans and Rice is a classic Louisianna dish with bit of a spicy kick. Cajun Baked Okra is the perfect side dish for any meal! Packed with Cajun seasonings, crispy, and easy to make. Divide bean mixture among serving plates. It was served over a huge amount of grits (which were not creamy) and had a layer of spicy oil over it.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food mike's crispy cajun legs over red beans & rice recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!