Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Discover How to Boost Your Mood with Food.
Many of us think that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we must avoid them. Often, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be really healthy and good for you. There are some foods that really can boost your moods when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try a few of these.
Cold water fish are great if you are wanting to feel better. Cold water fish like tuna, trout and wild salmon are rich in DHA and omega-3s. These are two things that improve the quality and the function of your brain’s grey matter. It’s the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can actually help you overcome your depression.
See, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you wish to feel better! Try some of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake recipe. You can cook chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake:
- Provide 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil.
- Provide 8 of chicken thighs with bones and skins left on.
- Take 3 of red onions, sliced.
- Provide 1 of leek, sliced.
- Get 1 of red chili with seeds, chopped.
- Take 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- You need 700 ml of vegetable stock. I use “Marigold” bouillon powder. Sometimes I use 250ml of dry white wine and 500 ml of stock. It’s fine both ways!.
- You need 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- Take 500 g of new potatoes, in bite-sized chunks.
- You need 4 tbsp of crème fraîche or 0-fat Greek yoghourt.
- Prepare Handful of fresh coriander, chopped.
- Use of Salt.
- Prepare of Ground black pepper.
Instructions to make Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake:
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 4 or electric equivalent (probably 180C, for Circotherm ovens 160C)..
- Heat the oil on the hob in a large roasting tin and, in batches, quickly brown the chicken thighs. Set aside..
- Fry the onion rings for 2 minutes, add the leek, chili and garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring gently to avoid sticking..
- Stir in the flour to mix well and fry for a further minute..
- Stir in the stock and then the Cajun seasoning. Return the chicken thighs to the tin, stirring well to ensure the thighs are coated by the mixture..
- Bring to the boil, stirring whilst doing so, and then transfer the roasting to the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes..
- Whilst this is cooking, skin and deseed the butternut squash and cut it into bite-sized chunks..
- When the 30 minutes is up, add the potatoes and butternut squash to the roasting tin, cover with foil and return to the oven for a further hour or until the chicken and vegetables are cooked..
- Quickly stir in the crème fraîche and then the coriander and season to taste..
- Serve immediately, piping hot onto warmed plates..
Transfer the mixture to an ovenproof dish. Place the whole mixture into a large oven proof pan or baking sheet and place the in oven. Remove from oven and allow to cool down for a couple of minutes before serving. Sprinkle with chopped parsley as garnish if desired. Add broth to the squash mix and bring to a bubble.
If you find this Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.