Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Cajun Inspired Spicy Buttered Crawfish Boil with Sausage and Corn recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cajun Inspired Spicy Buttered Crawfish Boil with Sausage and Corn recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cajun Inspired Spicy Buttered Crawfish Boil with Sausage and Corn recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are dealing with conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a more healthy way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most people typically believe that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out several modest changes.
These changes are easy to accomplish with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It can likewise be beneficial for your skin since it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It might be that you already believe that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
As you can see, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cajun inspired spicy buttered crawfish boil with sausage and corn recipe. You can have cajun inspired spicy buttered crawfish boil with sausage and corn using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Cajun Inspired Spicy Buttered Crawfish Boil with Sausage and Corn:
- Get of For the sauce:.
- Get 6 Tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- Take 1 teaspoon of thyme.
- Get 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of cayenne, depending on how hot you want it.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of paprika.
- Take 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Get 1 of bay leaf.
- Use 1/3 cup of Louisiana Hot Sauce.
- Use 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Take of For the boil:.
- Provide 2.5 lbs of crawfish (live is best if you can get it).
- Prepare 4 ears of corn, cut into thirds or fourths.
- Prepare 1 of (roughly 13 oz.) link smoked sausage (or Andouille, if you like) cut into 1/4" thick coins.
Instructions to make Cajun Inspired Spicy Buttered Crawfish Boil with Sausage and Corn:
- IF USING LIVE CRAWFISH: Soak the crawfish in fresh water, let sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Strain and repeat until the water stays clear after 10 minutes of soaking. This usually takes me 4 or 5 times. While you're doing that, get started on the sauce..
- FOR THE SAUCE: In a large pot or saute pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and sweat the garlic until it begins to turn translucent, then stir in herb and spice mixture. Watch that the heat doesn't get so hot that the garlic burns. If you see some pieces turning brown, you need to take the pot off the heat for a bit and turn the heat down. Add hot sauce & lemon juice and stir to combine then taste sauce and adjust seasoning if needed. When it's good, turn off the heat..
- In a separate pot, put 1 cup water and 1.5 teaspoons salt along with crawfish, corn, and sausage, in that order. This generates salted steam from the bottom, which seasons the crawfish meat but doesn't dilute the flavor as much as boiling. Cover, turn the heat on to medium high, and steam *just* until all the crawfish turn that bright opaque red that lets you know they're perfectly cooked through. Don't want to cook shellfish too long because they get rubbery if you do..
- The steaming process should take about 20 minutes or so, and you'll want to give the mixture 3 or 4 stirs during the process to redistribute everything and make sure they all get cooked and seasoned by the salt. (About the pics – I had a busy day in the kitchen yesterday and only had this one large saucepan left so I had to do the crawfish and then corn and sausage in two separate batches, but you don't have to. 😉 ).
- When crawfish are properly steamed, turn the heat back on the sauce (medium high) and add the crawfish, corn, and sausage AND 1/3 to 1/2 cup of the steaming liquid. Give everything a few good stirs and folds to make sure it's all sauced. Gather your fellow mudbug munchers and serve with crusty bread for dipping into that yummy sauce. Enjoy!.
Increase heat to high, and bring to a rolling boil. No summer is complete without a seafood boil, crawfish boil or shrimp boil party. Gather your friends and family around the table, preferably outdoor, with a huge spread of old bay shrimp boil with potatoes, corn, smoked sausages and served with cold beer. Feed a crowd with a Cajun-style crawfish boil prepared outside over propane heat or inside atop the stove. Use your largest stockpot and boil artichokes, potatoes, corn, onions, mushrooms, green beans, and sausage with crawfish in a spicy broth brimming with traditional seasonings.
If you find this Cajun Inspired Spicy Buttered Crawfish Boil with Sausage and Corn recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.