Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Chicken and Sausage Cajun Pasta recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken and Sausage Cajun Pasta recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken and Sausage Cajun Pasta recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Opting to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are numerous health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re incessantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most likely, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. While you may already consume a lot of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemicals. Searching for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken and sausage cajun pasta recipe. To make chicken and sausage cajun pasta you need 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken and Sausage Cajun Pasta:
- Use 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 1 of chicken boob, diced (or 2 if they come in the pack).
- You need 1 lb of sausage, sliced (Andouille or whatever you can find).
- Provide 1 of Onion, sliced.
- Use 1 Tbsp of Cajun seasoning (see below) or 2 McCormick cajun cubes.
- Use 1 of red bell pepper, sliced.
- Use 1 of green bell pepper, sliced.
- Take 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Get 5 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Provide 1 Tbsp of fish sauce.
- Provide 16 oz of linguine (or other pasta).
- Take 1 cup of shredded parmesan.
- Take of garnish (green onions or parsley).
Instructions to make Chicken and Sausage Cajun Pasta:
- In a 6 quart (or larger) pot, add the olive oil and place the pot over high heat..
- When the oil begins to shimmer (and the first wisps of smoke appear), add the chicken and brown (2-3 min).
- Add the sausage and continue to sauté (2-3 min).
- Add the Cajun seasoning and stir to coat. You can use either store bought Cajun seasoning, or make your own with 2 parts cayenne, 2 parts garlic powder, 2 parts paprika, 1 part salt, 1 part oregano, 1 part thyme, 1 part ground black pepper, 1 part onion powder..
- Add the veggies and sauté (3-5 min).
- Add the noodles, stock, and fish sauce (no, it won't taste fishy. the fish sauce is there to boost the savory-ness of the dish. You can find fish sauce at your Asian grocer. It should be translucent and brown). Turn the heat to low and lightly move the noodles around to distribute and cover. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, approximately 10 min until the noodles are done..
- There should be some stock left in the pot. Add the cream and the parmesan cheese and remove from heat. Stir the ingredients to bring the sauce together. The starch from the pasta should be sufficient to thicken the sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper..
- Serve in bowls, topped with more grated parmesan and garnish of your choice..
Then cut and prep the vegetables, onions, andouille sausage and chicken. Cajun-style blackened chicken is cooked first. Once the chicken has started to brown, stir in smoked sausage and let brown as well, then stir in fresh garlic. I like to save the garlic for this step so it doesn't burn in the pan while the chicken and sausage are cooking. Add chicken broth, heavy cream, uncooked pasta, and cajun seasoning to pot and bring to a simmer.
If you find this Chicken and Sausage Cajun Pasta recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.