Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Cajun Sausage Pistolettes recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cajun Sausage Pistolettes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cajun Sausage Pistolettes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Choosing to eat healthily offers incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who suffer from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Even though we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. People typically believe that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, though, merely making some small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be beneficial for your skin since it is a great source of vitamin E. Even though you may already consume a great deal of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of consuming foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cajun sausage pistolettes recipe. You can have cajun sausage pistolettes using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Cajun Sausage Pistolettes:
- You need 1 of -14 oz pkg andouille sausage (or any sausage of choice), diced into small pieces.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter, (1 tbsp butter melted for brushing tops of rolls).
- You need 1/2 of sweet onion or yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 of ribs celery, diced.
- Use 1/2 of green bell pepper, diced.
- You need 4 of green onions, chopped.
- Take 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Take 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped.
- Take 1 of -10 1/2 oz can cream of celery soup.
- Use 1 lb of Velveeta (half block) or 1 jar of Cheese Whiz.
- Use 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- Use 1 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 12 of -18 small pistolette rolls, french bread rolls or brown and serve rolls (unsplit) **You can really use any kind of roll for this recipe thats large enough to stuff. Be creative!**.
Steps to make Cajun Sausage Pistolettes:
- Preheat oven to 375°..
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil, set aside..
- In a large skillet, saute onions, bell peppers, celery and sausage until veggies are softened and sausage is thoroughly cooked and slightly browned. Drain grease..
- Add the garlic, green onions and parsley. Saute another 2 or 3 minutes..
- Add the cream of celery soup,Velveeta, black pepper and cajun seasoning. Mix well and stir frequently over medium low heat until cheese is fully melted. Set aside..
- Slice the tip off of each roll and cut out or spoon out the bread inside. Save the end that was cut off because it will be reattached once filled. **Keep the tips with the rolls they were sliced off of so that they match up and fit properly back onto the roll.**.
- Mix the flour and water to form a paste. Set aside..
- Fill each roll with the cheese sausage filling carefully not to overfill..
- Brush the tip of the roll that was cut off with the flour paste and the outter edges of the filled roll where it was cut. Press tips back onto the rolls to form a whole roll again..
- Place filled whole rolls onto the prepared baking sheet. Brush each roll with the melted butter and bake for 20 to 25 minutes..
Sauté onions, bell pepper, celery, green onions and garlic in butter over medium heat until translucent. Add evaporated milk, Velveteeta, water, seafood and seasoning. Cook on low until just heated through. Similar in taste to chicken or game meat, alligator meat has found its way into many Cajun meals. Introduce your family or friends to something utterly new and intriguing by exploring our selection of alligator sausage, pistolettes, tenderized fillets, authentic boudin, and much more.
If you find this Cajun Sausage Pistolettes recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.