Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Skillet Red Beans and Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Skillet Red Beans and Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are many illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re incessantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, though, simply making a few modest changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
You can get results without eliminating foods from your diet or make considerable changes right away. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Eventually, you will find that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you will not want to eat the old diet.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to skillet red beans and rice recipe. To cook skillet red beans and rice you only need 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Skillet Red Beans and Rice:
- You need 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Use 1 of small bell pepper, diced.
- Get 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- Use 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Provide 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Get 2 tsp. of Cajun seasoning.
- Take 12 oz. of andouille sausage, sliced.
- Provide 1 cup of long grain rice.
- Use 1 can (15 oz.) of red beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 2 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
Steps to make Skillet Red Beans and Rice:
- Heat 1 tbsp. of the oil in a large, deep skillet with a tight fitting lid over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the sausage and cook until browned. Then remove them to a seperate plate and set it aside. Add the additional oil and the onion, peppers and celery with a big pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 7-9 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook that until fragrant..
- Increase the heat to med-high. Stir the rice into the skillet with the Cajun seasoning. Let it toast up for a couple of minutes, then stir in the beans, broth and browned sausage. Let it come up to a low boil..
- Once beginning to boil, place the lid on and lower the heat down to low. Let this simmer for 10 minutes, then turn the heat off but keep the lid on an additional 5 minutes. Then fluff it with a fork and serve..
Pour in beans and tomatoes with juice.. This recipe is not like a traditional red beans and rice recipe. I was trying to find one and made this. No tomatoes are in real red beans and rice. I live in Louisiana and these.
If you find this Skillet Red Beans and Rice recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.