Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for NYC Gumbo recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect NYC Gumbo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to NYC Gumbo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. There are many illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that many people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It can also be beneficial for your skin since it is a superb source of vitamin E. Although you may already consume a lot of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemicals. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to nyc gumbo recipe. You can have nyc gumbo using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make NYC Gumbo:
- Provide 1 pound of Spicy Sausage (Conecuh or Andouille).
- You need 1 pound of Shrimp (or Chicken Breast).
- You need 1 cup of Rice (Un-cooked).
- Use 1/4 cup of Unsalted Butter.
- Provide 1/2 cup of Flour (all-purpose).
- You need 1/4 cup of Canola Oil.
- Provide 3 Cups of Yellow Onions (2 Medium Onion / Chopped).
- Provide 1 Cup of Celery Stalks (3 sticks / Chopped).
- Get 1 1/2 Cups of Green Bell Peppers (2 Peppers / Chopped).
- Take 2 teaspoons of Garlic (2 Cloves).
- Get 1 pound of fresh Okra (or Zucchini).
- Get 14 ounces of Tomatoes (or Diced Can).
- Get 1 tablespoon of Creole seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of Smoked Paprika.
- Get 1 tablespoon of Thyme.
- Take 1/4 cups of Parsley (Chopped).
- You need 1 tablespoon of Gumbo File.
- Take 3 of Bay Leaves.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Hot Sauce.
- Get 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Chicken Bouillon powder (or 1 cube).
- Get 6 cups of Chicken Stock.
Steps to make NYC Gumbo:
- Ingredient Prep (20 min): In this section we will prepare the ingredients so you aren't running around mid cooking. This whole dish takes place in a large Dutch Oven, keeping the stove peaceful and cleaner. The Okra can be a bit slimy. Soaking it in vinegar for 30 min with a wash. Grill on a high heat and cut. 1. Chop Celery 2. Chop Onion 3. Chop Peppers 4. Cut Okra into 1/2in. pieces 5. Mince Garlic 6. Chop Parsley 7. Chop Tomatoes 8. Spice Chicken (Salt and Pepper) 9. Cut up Sausage.
- Meat Cook (20 min): We will be cook out meats first. If you chose the Shrimp route, that will be cooked at the end. When removing the meat, leave the fond (meat drippings). 1. Add oil to the Dutch Oven on a medium-high heat. 2. Cook the chicken on both sides until brown (4-5 min per side) 3. Remove the chicken and add the Sausage. 4. While Sausage cooks, move around so both sides of pieces are browned 5. Remove Sausage, leaving the fond..
- Making the Roux (20-30 min): This will be our gumbo base. We MUST keep and eye on this since it can burn. Add the Butter (1/4 cup), Oil (1/4 cup) to the Dutch Oven with the fond. Whisk the Flour (1/2 cup) as we add it to the roux. Now bring the roux to a medium heat and whisking for 20-30 min, until a caramel color. Once finished, remove from the stove to let it cool for a little bit. (not sure how long though…).
- Adding the Trinity (8-10 min): Add and Cook the following for 8-10 min. Stir too! – Onion – Celery – Green Peppers – Garlic.
- Adding Some More (5 min): Add and Cook the following for 5 min again. More stirring! – Sausage – Chicken (if you have it) – Creole Seasoning (1 Tbsp.) – Paprika (1/2 Tbsp.) – Thyme (1 Tbsp.) – Bay Leaves (3) – Chicken Bouillon (1 cube or tsp.).
- Adding the Rest and Simmer(2 Hours): After the final ingredient below. Bring this beast to a boil then reduce to low heat and simmer for 2 hours. – Tomatoes – Chicken Stock – Worcestershire – Hot Sauce.
- Post Simmer Step (5 min) Remove Bay Leaves and add if you have shrimp, add it to the gumbo to cook for 5 min..
- Finish and Serve: Add Parsley, and Gumbo powder. Serve.
Dumbo (or DUMBO, short for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass) is a neighborhood in the New York City borough of Brooklyn. The area known as DUMBO used to be known as Gairville. It encompasses two sections: one located between the Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges, which connect Brooklyn to Manhattan across the East River, and another that continues east from the Manhattan Bridge to the. Seafood Gumbo at Delta Grill "This is the best Mac n cheese I've ever had, and I've eaten a lot. My go-to order is always the Mac and the seafood gumbo.
If you find this NYC Gumbo recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.