Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Everyone knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a wholesome and balanced diet and get a proper amount of exercise. The unfortunate thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Working out at the gym isn’t something people decide to do when they get off from work. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You should be pleased to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super difficult. If you are conscientious you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some tips to be as healthful as possible.
Go up the stairs. Walk up the stairs to where you live or work as opposed to using the elevator. This isn’t as effortless to do if you work on a very high floor but if you work on a lower floor, making use of the stairs is a excellent way to get some extra exercise. Even if you do live or work on one of the higher floors, you can still get off of the elevator early and climb up the stairs the rest of the way. Lots of people opt for the easy elevator ride instead of making an attempt on the stairs. Even if you only have just one flight to climb, climbing along it during the day is a great way to get extra exercise.
There are all sorts of activities that you can do to get healthy. Extensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the answer. Little things, when done each day, can do a great deal to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Being intelligent about the decisions you make each day is a start. Looking to get in as much physical exercise as possible is another. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. You need to help make your body as strong it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lemon pound cake with a simple lemon glaze recipe. You can cook lemon pound cake with a simple lemon glaze using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze:
- Take 1 of and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Get 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Get 1/8 tsp of salt.
- Take 1 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature, softened.
- Use 4 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of whole milk.
- Get 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Provide of Lemon glaze.
- Take 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of water.
Instructions to make Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as and when needed and until the mixture is a paler colour and sugar is dissolved or almost fully dissolved..
- Next, crack the eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork just until the whites and yolks are well combined..
- To the sugar butter mixture, add in the eggs in 4 parts beating for about 50 seconds after each addition. To that, add in the milk, vanilla and lemon juice and beat for another 30 seconds on medium speed until everything is well combined..
- After, sift in the flour, baking powder and salt, and on low speed, beat until a smooth and thick but light batter is formed. With a spatula, give the batter a quick mix to ensure everything is well incorporated..
- Pour the cake batter into a greased 5 × 9 inch loaf pan and tap afew times on the counter to get rid of any air bubbles..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees fahrenheit on the center rack for 40 minutes and then move to the top rack for an additional 20 minutes. After 60 minutes, a toothpick inserted should come out clean, if not, put the oven off but leave the cake in for 10 minutes, it should be done by then..
- While the cake cools, combine all the ingredients for the glaze in a medium saucepan over medium low heat and cook until the sugar fully dissolves..
- With a toothpick or a bamboo skewer, poke random holes all over the surface of the cake and pour the glaze all over the cake. Let the cake cool in the pan for about 20 minutes and then run a knife around the edges to take it out..
- Place on a serving platter and serve warm. I found caramel sauce goes well with this cake but is delicious as is as well..
- This cake keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container and can also be frozen for up to 2 weeks in cling film and then foil. Happy baking!.
If you find this Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.