Bhetki machher paturi/ Barramundi cooked in banana leaves. Put banana leave pieces glossy side up. Bhetki paturi, or bhetki machh'er kolapaturi, is a relatively new entrant in the Calcutta food scene. Ilish was the de facto fish for kola paturi, until rising prices The fish fillets, smeared in thick mustard paste, can be individually wrapped in small parcels or can cooked all together, layered, in a larger leaf.
Here I have used coconut which is optional. Bhetki macher paturi is yet another signature dish of Bengali cuisine. A curry cooked in onion tomato gravy with ginger garlic paste and garam masala powder.
Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, bhetki machher paturi/ barramundi cooked in banana leaves. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Put banana leave pieces glossy side up. Bhetki paturi, or bhetki machh'er kolapaturi, is a relatively new entrant in the Calcutta food scene. Ilish was the de facto fish for kola paturi, until rising prices The fish fillets, smeared in thick mustard paste, can be individually wrapped in small parcels or can cooked all together, layered, in a larger leaf.
Bhetki machher paturi/ Barramundi cooked in banana leaves is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Bhetki machher paturi/ Barramundi cooked in banana leaves is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook bhetki machher paturi/ barramundi cooked in banana leaves using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Bhetki machher paturi/ Barramundi cooked in banana leaves:
- Make ready 6 pieces of bhetki/ barramundi fish.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of white mustard seeds.
- Get 1 tablespoons of black mustard seeds.
- Make ready 1 tablespoons of poppy seeds.
- Take 2 tablespoons of mustard oil.
- Take 3-4 of green chilies.
- Get 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of coconut powder (narkol kora).
- Prepare 1/2 of + ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Make ready to taste of Salt.
- Make ready 150 g of hung curd.
- Make ready 3-4 of banana leaves for wrapping.
- Get of Thread to tie the wraps.
Bhetki Macher Paturi Kolapatae is steamed/grilled vetki mach wrapped in banana leaves with Paturi mix. Easy Paturi Recipe without Banana Leaf ভেটকি পাতুরি paturi recipe paturi recipe bengali bhetki macher recipe bhetki paturi bhetki. Bhetki Paturi (Barramundi) is a traditional bengali recipe. This delicacy is made by wrapping the fillet in banana leaves and.
Instructions to make Bhetki machher paturi/ Barramundi cooked in banana leaves:
- Clean the bhetki/barramundi pieces properly and pat them dry. Rub ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder, lemon juice and salt and leave them for half an hour..
- Meanwhile, make a paste of the yellow and brown mustard seeds along with poppy seeds and green chilies. To the paste, add salt, turmeric powder, hung curd and coconut powder, mustard oil..
- Now add the paste to the bhetki/ barramundi fish and marinade the fish for at least 2 hours..
- Take the banana leaves, cut them to 6”/6” pieces and clean them properly. Take a tawa and roast the banana leaves on very low flame for about 30 seconds..
- To the banana leaves, add one spoon of marinade and then add one piece of fish. Now add little more of the marinade on top of the fish. Wrap the fish with banana leaves and close the parcel with a thread. Wrap the fish properly such that the marinade does not come out of the parcel..
- Add mustard oil on a flat pan/tawa..
- Once the oil is hot add the fish parcels on the tawa. Cook the paturi on mid low flame, covered for about 8-10 minutes..
- After 8 minutes, remove the cover and flip the parcels and cook again for 10 minutes..
- Remove the fish parcels and store them in casserole till ready to serve..
Bhetki Paturi – Bengali Biye Bari Style Authentic Bhetki Macher Paturi Recipe, Shorshe Bhapa Bhetki Mach. Bhetki Macher Paturi is Bengali Style Recipe where Barramundi Fish is cooked by wrapping in banana leaf. Bhetki Macher Paturi is a traditional Bengali Fish preparation which is being enjoyed beyond age and time. Bhetki Paturi always call for good quality freshest possible barramundi fillet which is marinated in mustard based mixture and wrapped in banana leaves. Fish is cooked either by steaming or grilling.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food bhetki machher paturi/ barramundi cooked in banana leaves recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!